Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA/UFC/PRIDE/K-1 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Fozzy wrote:
    Royce got paid 10 times as much as Sakuraba? Bit strange I'd have thought, especially considering how many Japanese people were in the stadium, surely Sakuraba had a big part to play in that
    Obviously that's a lot to do with him winning, but yeah 30,000 for Saku is nothing. Weird.

goo wrote:
    Obviously that's a lot to do with him winning, but yeah 30,000 for Saku is nothing. Weird.
    Apparently the CSAC arent gonna reverse the decision even to a no contest despite Royce failing his roid test (which i think is despicable).

On a sidenote, read an interview with Franklin on mmaweekly and his choice of opponent for tomorrow night after Kampmaan pulled out was Okami or PAULO FILHO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's not that the CSAC have decided not to overturn the decision, it's that they don't have the power. They must have their reasons for having their rules like that, but I'm not sure what they are

Michael Bisping vs Matt Hamill has been reported as being on the UFC 75 card in London on Ticketmaster. That's looking to be a pretty decent event

Fozzy wrote:
    It's not that the CSAC have decided not to overturn the decision, it's that they don't have the power. They must have their reasons for having their rules like that, but I'm not sure what they are

Michael Bisping vs Matt Hamill has been reported as being on the UFC 75 card in London on Ticketmaster. That's looking to be a pretty decent event
    Yea i know they done, theyre debating wheter to bring that in, bu the point is that when we look back at the records years down the line there an L beside Saku!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

just looking through the herald am or was it the metro from yesterday and there is a small Q and A with Rich Franklin. The most interesting part is that he's a former maths teacher who is a creationist. He believes the world was created in 7 days by a god. I was surprised.

• Advertisement

just looking through the herald am or was it the metro from yesterday and there is a small Q and A with Rich Franklin. The most interesting part is that he's a former maths teacher who is a creationist. He believes the world was created in 7 days by a god. I was surprised.

You wouldn't have been that surprised if you'd seen his website before, the first thing you see is a bible quote. The last update he has on it at the moment is about him opening a creationism museum!

Everyone's made weight for UFC 72

U obviously didnt see him on the ultimate fighter talkin about the bible with the guys in the house

Watched Penn vs Pulver last night (I was on holidays) and man BJ looked impressive....if he stays in shape he's gonna be unstoppable.

As for the finale itself Manny was on his way to a win until the injury, sucks for him.

Gray Maynard vs Rob Emerson was wild, havent seen a dude KO himself in a while but the fact that he tried to say he wasnt out while Rogan stood there sayin "Yes, you were out" was hilarious!!

Cant wait for UFC 73 now

Kevinly_ wrote:
    No I didn't which series and episode was it?
    Hmmmm, no idea wat episode. It was the series where himself and Hughes were coaches (where Rashad and Joe Stevenson won)

Think he was talking to Brad Imes (not sure) and they were talking about bible stories.

Other news I forgot to mention:

SHOGUN IS RUMOURED TO BE MAKING HIS UFC DEBUT ON THE SEPTEMBER 22ND CARD AT UFC 76!!!!

I have yet to watch all of the Strikeforce card and wont post any spoilers yet (Ive only seen Baroni vs Shamrock and Ninja vs Joe so wont post results yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Also watched the TUF5 Finale over the weekend
    Thought Penn was excellent.
    Joe Lauzon looked good aswell and he has a bright future.
    But according to the commentators penn will move up to welter and pulver down to 145lbs for their next fights.
    I think Penn still wants a bit of hughes. Com'n the Prodigy

Does anyone else think that Manny is really boring ?

In that sense I was kinda glad the diaz won !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Evil_Clown wrote:
    But according to the commentators penn will move up to welter and pulver down to 145lbs for their next fights.

Dana has said that BJ will be taking on the winner of SHerk/Franca! That should be an awesome fight!

Pulver will be dropping to 145 in the WEC and will apparently take on Faber!

Evil_Clown wrote:
    Also watched the TUF5 Finale over the weekend
    Thought Penn was excellent.
    Joe Lauzon looked good aswell and he has a bright future.
    I think Penn still wants a bit of hughes. Com'n the Prodigy

Does anyone else think that Manny is really boring ?

In that sense I was kinda glad the diaz won !
    Yea BJ looked great and he looked to be in shape for a change too. Not only that but he beat Jens on the feet as well, credit to him he really is the total package.......thats why he's one of my faavourite fighters.

Jens wil be great at 145lbs.

BJ in shape beats Hughes every time imo.

Lauzon is only 22 and he has something like 18 or 19 fights if u count the TUF ones. Hes gonna be great.

Manny is only boring in the sense that hes so good at what he does that he doesnt need to do anything else. Were it not for the injury I doubt Nate would have beaten him.

To be honest i still take Nate would have won the fight. He could have been mauled for 14 mins out of 15 and still would have thrown up some kind of triangle or kimura and gotten the win. He's just that kind of fighter.

Dragan wrote:
    Dana has said that BJ will be taking on the winner of SHerk/Franca! That should be an awesome fight!

Pulver will be dropping to 145 in the WEC and will apparently take on Faber!
    Hmmmmm BJ to become the UFCs first version of Dan Henderson and hold titles at different weight classes?!!

Dragan wrote:
    To be honest i still take Nate would have won the fight. He could have been mauled for 14 mins out of 15 and still would have thrown up some kind of triangle or kimura and gotten the win. He's just that kind of fighter.
    OK well Im basing on what I saw. Manny took him down at will, wasnt in danger on the feet and defended Nates subs comfortably enough. Manny is the sort of guy thats very tough to submit cos hes small, compact and powerful.

I think Manny wins any rematch to be honest.

It'll be interesting to see if there is a rematch alright!

Manny is good, very good. He fought Sean Sherk when he was only 18 and put on a show for **** sake!

Nate is like Nick, in that he is a lazy fighter. The two of them, in my opinion anyway, seem to fight on the assumption that the win will come to them somehow, as opposed to making it happen!

Without a dount though Manny was the suprise of the show.

From GracieFighter.com:
    Shogun has injured his knee and could be out of his upcoming UFC appearance. We should know more on the severity of the injury in the next few days and whether or not it will have any impact on his fight schedule.

Hopefully nothin serious

Fozzy wrote:
    From GracieFighter.com:

Hopefully nothin serious
    Lets hope not, Im real excited to see him in the UFC.

He better not do a Crocop though. I told all my mates to look out for Crocop and that he was gonna be a phenom in the UFC, and then he gets devastatingly KO'd by Gonzaga..............they now think Im nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Hmmmmm BJ to become the UFCs first version of Dan Henderson and hold titles at different weight classes?!!

Randy Couture?

• Advertisement

Randy Couture?
    Sorry, meant to say at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I told all my mates to look out for Crocop and that he was gonna be a phenom in the UFC, and then he gets devastatingly KO'd by Gonzaga..............they now think Im nuts!

But what a knockout it was

Andy-Pandy wrote:
    But what a knockout it was
    True dat!! Wanna see how Mirko bounces back against Cheick Kongo now. I will be there!!

Dana confirmed that Shogun will be dubuting soon.

Also, rumoured that Dan Henderson vs Rampage which we all thought was for Rampages UFC title is set to be a non title 3 round fight. Ill post the source later when I can link it, hope this isnt true since I forked out the money thinkin I was seeing a title match.

Dana also in negotiations with Fedor

And finally, Dana implied that PRIDE will be running again, its not done BUT in the meantime while they sort it out (he said its very messy) some of the PRIDE guys will be fighting in UFC (as we have seen)

Also rumoured that BJ Penn will fight Diego at UFC 74. IMO BJ keeps this on the feet easy and outstrikes him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Paddy power are now giving odds on all UFC events. Check Friday or Saturday for UFC 73 odds.

Paddy power are now giving odds on all UFC events. Check Friday or Saturday for UFC 73 odds.
    Can u do me a massive favour and post me the odds, im in work so ive restricted access......PLEASE?!!!!! IM pretty good at pickin these so gonna throw some change on them!

Also rumoured that BJ Penn will fight Diego at UFC 74. IMO BJ keeps this on the feet easy and outstrikes him.

I don't think BJ has anything to fear from going to the ground with Diego.

Dragan wrote:
    I don't think BJ has anything to fear from going to the ground with Diego.
    Not at all but why play to his strengths.

• Advertisement

Not at all but why play to his strengths.

Its only really a strength if it's comparable to his opponent, and i would see BJ as being better in ever way than Diego.

This is a bad match for Sanchez.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement