Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass booklet

Options
  • 22-05-2007 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi everyone! im up to my eyes in mass booklet info. I have done all the ground work and have all the text i just need a template to print it to booklet format. Can anyone help me.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Try googling for booklet printers. I have to do the same soon.

Found this one for starters, though I'm sure there are free or cheaper ones out there.

http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/clickbook/booklet.html

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭danyosan

You dont need a template. Just type it up as if you're printing A4 format. then when you hit print, goto preferences hit the finishing tab and select booklet printing on left sided.

I'je just printed of my finalised draft which I did from scratch. Delighted with myself.

Of course, you need a double sided printer as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Cateym

http://www.diywedding.ie/

On here somewhere has a mass booklet template.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just tried this myself, and it seemed to work:

Go to "Page Setup" in Microsoft Word (I'm using Office 2003, but may work for earlier versions).

Under the pages heading, you should see a dropdown list. Select "book fold" and press OK. Type away as normal, and when the document is printed, it will arrange the pages so they are in the correct order when you fold them over.

I just tried it with normal A4, so don't know if it will fit in with our booklet covers yet. Also, you'll probably need a printer that can print on both sides automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

thanks for the help guys, i need the mammy to proof read it first before i finalise things even though it looks grand to me, but i have a mother who will spot the tiniest little mistake!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

We printed our own too, I used a long reach stapler to secure the centre of the pages.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Balmark

Stay away from time roman or any of the standard fonts :P

Get something new that suites, using the standard makes it look unprofessional (according to a marketting lad I was talking to about this :P )

Balmark wrote:
    Stay away from time roman or any of the standard fonts :P

Get something new that suites, using the standard makes it look unprofessional (according to a marketting lad I was talking to about this :P )

Agreed - though not as bad as when it's used online. There are loads of free fonts out there; I used this font, which looks like this (but not in pink).

merced2.gif

Just make sure whatever font you use scales down well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭bostonian

Edwardian is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Try www.gettingmarried.ie
    It just about does the booklet for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

In PC world they sell DIY birthday card sets, these include a very nice blank glossy card which we used as a cover for our mass booklet.

You can print a title and add a photo and it comes out very well. I suggest a long arm stapler as well to staple the lot together.

Advertisement