Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets learn Polish together, eh?

Options
  • 14-05-2007 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi I'm really up for getting together with a few people and learning Polish together, as we all know its always hard to learn a new language and its better in the groups, lets face it; not alot of us can afford the expensive courses in the language school, am I right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

Maybe we can learn in here :)

Hello i'm polish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well herself is Polish. But more importantly, you need to state where you're setting the group up!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Aye. Location?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ooh I'd so be up for this if it were in Dublin :)

Dzien Kuyeh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Piste wrote:
    Dzien Kuyeh!

Dziekuje?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I've only ever heard it, never seen it written down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭zaratustra

Try lern your polish here: http://irishpolishforum.com/ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Bugger I've been away from Boards for two long. I origionally wanted to have
    a get together of anyone who is learning Polish maybe once or twice a week.
    I have books and stuff, so rather than fork out 300-400Euro for a course, we could do it together for free, its always better to study in groups rather than individually.

By the way, it was only my idea but I didnt expect to get a reply as I thought I was the only one in Dublin learning Polish. However I'm actually in Poland at the moment, and I'll be back in the beginning of January.

Zaratrustra, I dont think its possible to learn Polish on http://irishpolishforum.com/ as the replies are few and far between. Even it would be good for Polish people to come if they wanted to give us some expert tips or something.

My level of polish is quite basic, I can read it ok but my grammar needs an overhaul.

This group will not be like a conversational class, it will be one with books and for serious studiers. I dont mind photocopying material if people dont have a book, plus we would all feel much confident practising my bad polish skills on each other rather than embarrass ourself by going into a polish sklep and trying to say something in polish, hopefully after a while we can though ;)

I will be in Dublin after Xmas so DUBLIN will be the venue for this, probably around the city centre or something, we'd have to find a location as well which might be tricky but I'm sure we can sort it out? How many of us would there be,,,

- Trevor

Okay this is where I shame myself and try to say as much polish as possible, and can everyone else write something about themselves in polish, as much possible without the aid of books so that we know everyones level. I'm in Warsaw for the next 2 months so it would be nice to have an 'online class' here if possible. Here goes!!

Mam na imie Trevor i mam 24 lat. Teraz mieszkamy(ja i moja dziewczyna) w Piasecznie okolice Warszawie. Pracowalym jak nauczyciel angielskiego ale nie lubie moj pracy niestety.

Mam studuje polskim jezyk za 2 roku, tu i tam ale jak widziesz jest okropny. Mam nadzieje rozumiesz moj pisanie.

- 3maj sie / Trzmaj sie

- Trevor ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't know how to do the Polish letters yet, but here goes:

Mam na imie spurious.:) Mam na 44 lata.
    Studiuje jezyk polski w Dublinie w Irlandii.
    Jestem nauczycielka.
    Ja jestem z Dublina. Dublin jest bardzo ladny.

• Advertisement

Spokojny, pisałesz bardzo ladny na pewno. Jak się czujesz dzisiaj? Pogoda we warszawie takie zle. Zima jest tutaj już i powiec mi jak pogoda w dublina?

Jak długo jesteś studiowanie polskim język? Ja 2 lat.

Powiesz że jesteś nauczyciel, i co uczysz w szkoła?

Hope you understood my broken Polish, nice to hear from you, ever do any courses in Dublin? How come your learning?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

To avoid butchering Polish anymore, I will post in English.

I've been learning Polish for a month, two classes a week.
    I've been to Poland twice, once in 1984 (a very different place) and then again in 2006. I will be going back for a holiday next June. I have a long-suffering penfriend (now email friend) in Gdansk. She has no English, my Polish is as you have seen - we 'manage' in German - she manages a lot better than I do.

I teach in town and while Polish will be helpful dealing with some parents at work, I started learning it partly to give my brain something to do and partly to communicate with the new people who have arrived. The kids at work find my dreadful mangling of Polish quite entertaining, though I must say they have all been very helpful.

Yeah I've been learning it on and off for 2 years. Not seriously, just picking up the book here or there when I was bored. I have quite an expensive vocabulary and so on but conversation skills are dire.

I live in Warsaw at the moment with my girlfriend since September but we will return to Ireland in January. When I get back I intend to do Polish courses from Beginner to Advanced maybe at Sandford or somewhere in the city. Of course my girlfriend could teach me but I don't want to torment her with my inability to latch onto the language as fast as others maybe.

I've never been fluent in another language and I'd like to be in this, and maybe Russian.

I've been to Poland about 7/8 times in the last 2/3 years or so. I was first interested as a Polish guy worked in my call centre and I was confused why he came to this country of all places to work so I tried to learn, travelled there and got to know the culture.

So may I be cheeky and ask you where you are studying and how much the course was? I'm trying to get a good deal on it.

- Trevvor

Trinity College.
    It's 640 for the year - two 90 minute classes a week - but there are concession rates for students, unemployed people etc.. There were other much cheaper ones classes available in community colleges, but they were only once a week and I think it's difficult to learn anything in one class a week.

Details

It sounds good, guess you get what you pay for, however I dont think I'd be that committed to pay so much money. I'll probably try a different one.

Advertisement