Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-Marraige Course

• 30-04-2007 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi all - were looking to book our pre marraige course for late in the summer. was just wondering have many people done it and if so how did they get on?
    Can you reccomend any places that do it in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

warrenaldo wrote:
    Hi all - were looking to book our pre marraige course for late in the summer. was just wondering have many people done it and if so how did they get on?
    Can you reccomend any places that do it in Dublin?

We did ours a couple of weeks ago in some place near Deansgrange (Nazareth life institute or something like that). It was a Friday evening and all day Saturday affair. It wasn't too bad at all - nowhere near as cringe-y as I was expecting.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Accord do a good one (though I'm probably biased as my parent's used to do their interfaith one for years)

They're based on Harcourt St if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We found the Accord one on Harcourt Street to be the best one - was non-preachy and even a bit of a laugh, reccomended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

what type of things do they do - is there role playing and things of that nature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

warrenaldo wrote:
    what type of things do they do - is there role playing and things of that nature?

Not in our one (thank God). It was divided into about 7 chapter, and some couple - not one attending the course - would give a presentation. There was a workbook which each couple fill out after each chapter and compare with each other, but no-one else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

Checkout Together, they run a one day course on Saturdays on the Southside, courses are very popular and book out fast.
    TC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yip Together course was brilliant, 1 day course split into 4 sections each with a break between them, actually enjoyed the course not preachy at all.

Started off with a man in his fifties how discussed families and how they are different and problems associated with weddings. Was very good.

Then there was a section on health and sex which I didn't really find great but i did find some info.

Then the priest discussed the wedding itself and legal and religious matters which was really good. He even gives alot of info which will help if you make mass booklets etc all the readings. All the legal info what you need etc.

The last section was a couple who came in to discuss their relationship. This part was brilliant the couple discussed everything about their relationship some really deep stuff.

There wasn't alot of role playing or need to get involved with alot of the other couples there which was good.

Advertisement