Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic FCP question...

Options
  • 19-04-2007 4:20pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi. I'm embarrassed to say this question comes from a final year media student. I have to edit a short film but there doesn't seem to be anyone in this college who can help me!

My question is; if I edit using different sequences, how do I put them together at the end? My plan is to edit an opening theme tune type thing, then the drama and then a 'Coming up next week' type thing. I have three different time lines in the one project but don't know how to put them together.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well in any other software, you just drag the sequence into the source viewer then edit it on the the timeline you have open..... I assume it's the same in FCP and if there's no one in the college that can tell you that.... then I fear you might not be in the best college!

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Or simply create a new sequence and drop the three completed sequences into it, in order. You can trim or insert transitions between them as necessary, directly in the timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

dory wrote:
    Hi. I'm embarrassed to say this question comes from a final year media student. I have to edit a short film but there doesn't seem to be anyone in this college who can help me!

My question is; if I edit using different sequences, how do I put them together at the end? My plan is to edit an opening theme tune type thing, then the drama and then a 'Coming up next week' type thing. I have three different time lines in the one project but don't know how to put them together.
    Thanks in advance!
    Make a new project and 'import' the 3 different timelines, then use just cut them together as needed?

Advertisement