Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Thomas

Options
  • 03-04-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Not sure if this is OT for this forum or not but here goes....

Mark Thomas did a radio show on BBC 4 last week relating to a law which requires people to get a licence to hold a protest or demonstration in and around the Houses of Parliment in England. Mark had a little bit of fun with the law and his show is a half hour of stand up during which he tells his story.

You can download the show (My Life in Serious Organised Crime) from http://www.markthomasinfo.com/audio/default.asp

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah I liked that one where he got emails about him from MI5 ;)

Hasn't our law recently changed regarding public meetings and the litter act and you can't put posters on three main dublin streets ?

I've just accessed the 6 seasons of the 'Mark Thomas comedy project' to try and remind myself of what he's done. I'm nearly on season 3.

This guy missed a huge boat. Could have been the best investigative journalist ever but choose comedy.

The guy is a legend. He is (was maybe?) doing the kind of stuff that goes one step further than Bill Hicks in that he is outlining the problem but he is also trying to give a solution (other than mushrooms for the masses).

Why is he not on TV anymore ? The guy should have a show and an unlimited budget.

Advertisement