Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipper or Chinese?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Bazzy wrote:
    ..And may i introduce you to a new invention I created inspired by there menu's

The Chicken ball kebab

Its magic!

Hmmm.... Speak on brother you interest me strangely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Large Curry Chips & a Snack Box with a breast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Hmmm.... Speak on brother you interest me strangely :)

Pitta bread toasted , Chilli sauce and loads of it small amount of garlic on the chicken balls that are cut in half inside MMM

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

trout wrote:
    why limit yourselves Brothers ?

last night I had spare ribs from the chinese takeaway, with chicken balls on the side, complemented by chips and a spice burger from the chipper ... washed down with some golden nectar left over from christmas ... think it was Miller.

my point is, if you are blessed enough to live within lurching distance of both a chinese takeway and a chipper, you should be obliged to mix and match from both menus.

i myself live within a mile of a chipper, 2 chinese take aways, 2 pizzerias, 2 pubs, off-licence and 2 churches ... all the basic spiritual and corporeal needs catered for.

It seems to be a universal truth that chinese takeaways have brutal chips ... which is OK, as most chippers have terrible fried rice :)

You still have beer left over from xmas in march?

I smell a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Bazzy wrote:
    Pitta bread toasted , Chilli sauce and loads of it small amount of garlic on the chicken balls that are cut in half inside MMM

Ahh ! *adds to the ever growing list*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

ntlbell wrote:
    You still have beer left over from xmas in march?

I smell a ban.

Belay that ban-hammer Brother ... I should explain this beer was left over in my sisters house, and I only bothered to repatriate it last week... prior to this, I simply wasn't arsed to take it, and i had no shortage of fallin' down water in my own house.

For shame Brother, for shame! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

When I lived in Ireland the chipper was my favourite for a quick meal, however most chippers in Cambridge are crap (be warned brothers!).

So from an Irish Chipper, it would have to be the half-pounder with Chips and a can of Coke :)

I have take to Indian food over here. Chicken Biryani with a cold Cobra beer :)

If I have Chinese, it is Chicken with Cashew nuts and fried rice
    or
    Crispy shredded beef with fried rice

Delicious Brothers, great thread too *tummy rumbles*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I had this dilemma last night! Chipper or Chinese..... So I weighed up my options. There's a very decent Chinese about a 2 minutes drive further away from the Chipper, but as my belly was roaring with the hunger, I got myself 2 battered sausages (for the journey home) and a single of chips. Then cooked up 2 fried eggs when I got home and cover my chips.....Yumm!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

flanzer wrote:
    Then cooked
    Brother, have you no woman to do that for you?

seansouth wrote:
    Brother, have you no woman to do that for you?

I do indeed, but I'm afraid she might sneak some Olive oil or some Low-Fat butter on the frying pan! Wouldn't enjoy dinner if I knew that......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Why would such items even be in your abode?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

r3nu4l wrote:
    When I lived in Ireland the chipper was my favourite for a quick meal, however most chippers in Cambridge are crap (be warned brothers!).

Starter;
    Half-pounder with Chips and a can of Coke :)

Followed by;
    Chicken Biryani with a cold Cobra beer :)
    And;
    Chicken with Cashew nuts and fried rice
    With;
    Crispy shredded beef with fried rice

Delicious Brothers, great thread too *tummy rumbles*

Brother r3nu4l, I think this is what you meant.

seansouth wrote:
    Why would such items even be in your abode?

She has to stay healthy and look her best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Has got to be Chinese for me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

In order of preference:
    1. Dinner Box, Batter Burger & Curry Sauce.
    2. Starter of Shredded Chicken with Salt & Chilli, then Beef Curry, Fried Rice & Prawn Crackers.
    3. Doner Kebab & Chips
    4. Quarter Pounder with Cheese & Bacon & Chips

Advertisement