Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision song 2007

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

:confused: Hard to know. They are top of their game in trad circles, and those who just say trad is ****e dont really deserve a comment, like saying all brits are bastards! Stupid and ignorent. But the songs, and a trad band chosen to preform non trad songs.... I hope it works and at least raises the profile and income of Dervish.:o

The show was brutal.

As for Dervish, they're not trad - they're a bunch of wannabe hippies spouting pseudo-"Celtic" diddley-aye imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Am I the only one who cant make out what she is saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Xcom2 wrote:
    Am I the only one who cant make out what she is saying?

Your mind has a spam blocker perhapes if you lower it in your control panel but i wouldnt recommend it though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Dear Jeebus thats awful with a capital A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

It talks about standing on the stage of Europe and after that I can't understand what she's saying. Can anyone translate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

It could be a lot worse - it would be even more embarrassing if RTE had to stage it next year.

Ok so we've disgraced ourselves by sending a "trad" group into a contest that was won last year by a group of decaying corpses, but wouldn't it be worse if RTE had to choose which of their "stars" should present Eurovision (Pat Kenny, Marty Whelan, Derek Mooney, Ryan Tubridy or even the Irish Times journo who wrote this year's "entry":o)? And imagine the national tragedy if the show, viewed by a billion people, had the world class production values of RTÉ News (http://rtenews.blogspot.com).

I thought we'd stopped purposely throwing the competition. I was wrong, but we could be a lot worse off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

It's about a revolution in Czechoslovakia and the fact that Europe has turned into one country. And the fact that people can kill everything but they can't stop the spring.

I can see why they chose Czechoslovakia - I mean we've only had like 800 years of our own revolutions.....

Can anyone take the "composer" (the Irish Times guy) seriously???

Advertisement