Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US/IRL] 3X08 - "Flashes Before Your Eyes" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 xbox-face

This was excellent episode I believed. To see Jack and those people was not important to the episode as it was about desmond and how he can travel around time. I can't wait to see next time he goes into the future, certain it will happen again

OT but just read the sig
    The following is proof that this country is racist

FFS! What on earth made you think that that was an acceptable signature. You're posting 2 line posts, mostly throw-away lines with absolutely no content whatsoever, and then filling everyone's screen with a pointless picture of some muppet with his hand in a statue. What on earth makes you think anyone could be bothered looking at that?
    What value does that have to anything what-so-ever?
    More piss-taking like that and I'll just site-ban your ass.
    There's no prize for most-pointlessly-large-signature-in-the-history-of-boards.ie

How exactly is that racist? I mean seriously, if your picture was as big as that, it would lead to various problems; 1: it would take ages for people to load using dial-up, 2: nobody wants to see pictures that big in somebodies sig, 3: on every forum, if your sig is that big, they will remove it.

Anyways, that just got me annoyed seeing that 'cause people are too quick to claim racism lately.

So.. back on topic. Was a really good episode. Until it appeared that Desmond was back on the island, I was very pissed off. I thought he had relived everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

As I had already pointed out (but twas later mentioned again), Fionnuala Flanagan has given an Irish connection to Lost.

She will be a guest on the Ryan Tubridy show tomorrow night. Though I wonder since so many members of this forum seem to despise Mr Tubridy (he even has his own thread), will many watch it? She might indicate if she will be making any future appearances in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Pfft. I wouldn't watch him if Jesus went on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Pfft. I wouldn't watch him if Jesus went on it.

Please, you know pat kenny would have first dibs on the almighty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

half way through it now , all i can say is WTF is going on?!"!?!

They've taken an ad break, and the second half should be starting in a couple of ticks.

That's what's going on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Good episode, even if it felt a bit short.

I think it is safe to assume, judging by this episode and the last one, that time travel is going to fit into the theme of what is happening on the island. Seeing the future has always been a theme of the show (the fortune teller telling Claire she had to get the plane trip for example).

Are the Others attempting to travel back or forward in time, to prevent something that they have seen happen, possibly when the hatch last went nova. Are those on the "list" something to do with this event they are attempting to fix or observe? Where they brought here on purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

jonnybadd wrote:
    I enjoyed the episode, but did anyone else find it odd that for an English pub they were using napkins instead of beermats? Nothing to do with the episode really, just a thought

The Army poster that Desmond looked at said 'Honor' instead of 'Honour'.
    I was quite disappointed by that, ruined the episode for me...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Absolutely cracker episode! great flashback, great acting, i loved it! I went all emo at the end because of poor Desmond..... I'm such a pussy :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭event

so was it a flashback or just a dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

One of the better ones, and about time too !!

So, has desmond relived the last few years knowing what is going to happen and cant do a thing about it ? I think he has.........

And whats up with going for a daily swim with all your clothes on !!!! ffs... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Another sublime episode. I thought Desmonds "experience" was well conveyed but since the start of Season 3, all I've wanted is to find out more about The Others!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Very average. I like Desmond too but I don't like an episode where basically nothing happens. And again nobody acts like real people. Anybody think to ask Claire what the feck she was at in the sea? Probably because all she could say was she was there to facilitate the writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

musician wrote:
    Anybody think to ask Claire what the feck she was at in the sea?

It was her daily swim, allbeit fully clothed...........

That scene when yer bloke was crushed by the scaffolding was so dodgy set wise too. They had, if I'm not mistaken, one of those London buses pass by, one of those red telephone boxes, and underground station sign, a union jack at some stall.

Then, just to confirm it was London they were meant to be in, the threw in Westminster just for good measure...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Don't forget that they threw in a bobby or two whenever possible as well.

To be honest all they need to get right was the lighting... but it was just far too sunny. Needs more fog, like that episode of Batman when they go to London.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Great episode. Love Desmond, he's the most interesting character in the show at the moment. A lot of that is down to the big reveals and developments in the plot that have been associated with him (Season 2 opener, Season 2 finale, this episode). It was a great episode to watch, the scene with the Jeweler was down right creepy and wtf!!. It gave a bit of insight into what Desmond is going through and what happened after the explosion. Again though, this episodes downside is these days after it were you try to piece together what's going on and end up getting frustrated and annoyed that you have to read into all these references to books, pictures, religion etc to make sense of it all.
    I'm happy though that the questions posed in this episode are intriguing and as some have mentioned already, it's added that element of mystery back to the island which can only be a good thing.
    Killer (no pun intended) ending too. How long will Charlie last? I bet he won't be straying far from Des from now on :)
    Best episode of the season so far, let's hope they keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Wicknight wrote:
    Good episode, even if it felt a bit short.

I think it is safe to assume, judging by this episode and the last one, that time travel is going to fit into the theme of what is happening on the island. Seeing the future has always been a theme of the show (the fortune teller telling Claire she had to get the plane trip for example).

Are the Others attempting to travel back or forward in time, to prevent something that they have seen happen, possibly when the hatch last went nova. Are those on the "list" something to do with this event they are attempting to fix or observe? Where they brought here on purpose?

I'm not so sure about time travel and the others just yet. Desmond experienced it because he turned the key and so was subjected to all that energy. I think initially the island had been spinning faster or slower than the real world (due to the core - the part we havn't seen yet behind the concrete - being (de)accerlated by the em field and the failsafe slowed the Island down periodically - the violet light - and this is when Des travelled through time. I'm not sure the others knew this was possible.

Surely The Others must have known the importance of the hatch? I found it strange how they left Jack and co. there to push the button if they were aware of what could happen if the button wasn't pushed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Okay but nobody has yet explained to me why Juliet keeps her CDs in the wrong cases.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Okay but nobody has yet explained to me why Juliet keeps her CDs in the wrong cases.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

The writers said on the podcast that was a continuity error on their part

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Now that's more like it!

Best episode of Lost in a LONG time. Here's hoping Jack, Kate and Sawyer never make it back and we can get some more stuff like this instead.

And their utterly woeful attempt at 'England' kept me amused throughout :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I just watched it again which is always a good sign.
    I still don't quite get it. The writers have specifically ruled out time travel so I can only think this was a vision or a sort of dream which Desmond had. Still compelling second time around.
    Also props for the music guy, It really blended in nicely with the story and summed emotions very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Cremo wrote:
    what was up with the promo for this episode showing exploding buildings and firefights in the jungle?

was a good episode i thought but i was expecting some action like what was in the promo. the promo's aren't normally wrong - more like tv.com's synopsis is - but it was a strange one.

maybe you can see the future too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

why do people continually ask for answers when the reason we talk so much about the show is that we havent a fecks notion what is really going on. they keep feeding us little bits so we can ask more questions. thats why we watch and why we will continue to watch. damn good episode too!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

im enjoying the build up and all the little things!!

would like an ep with a bit of action soon....

does anyone else miss mr.eko??
    Didnt see the charlie thing coming...i thought it was claire he was trying to save!!

Love Des as a charactor, so really enjoyed the back story...although it did seem a little 'final destinationish' to me....

Really interested in the way the writing is going and am anxious to find out where they are taking it!!

i gave it an 8!

@Cremo: afaik, that promo contained footage from last weeks episode. The shootouts were when Sawyer and Kate were running through the jungle being shot at.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just got done watching this. Loved it. Thought it was the best episode of the season thus far. I rate it a 9.

Desmond is such a great character and the episode was strong from start to finish. I liked the twist at the end as I was expecting Claire to be the one to die soon and not Charlie.
    oleras wrote:
    So, has desmond relived the last few years knowing what is going to happen and cant do a thing about it ? I think he has.........

I'm wondering about that too but if he knew what was going to happen then why would he have waited so long to turn the key? Also he frantically looked for the key as the hatch was about to explode. If he knew what was coming surely he'd have that somewhere convenient!

It's left me scratching my head but I'm guessing Desmond didn't know what was going to happen the last few years.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

sjones wrote:
    You can be sure the next episode will be about the other losties on the island, just so they can stall this story a little bit more. I don't expect to see an episode with Jack in it for another two or three episodes. It'll go back to the island and be centered around Desmond.

It appears my I was right. Weird episode.

Advertisement