Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] Heroes - 1x14 - Distractions [*Spoilers*]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭Talisman

"Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" - I think I get it now. Peter's encounter with Claire was the boon to defeating Sylar, if Sylar gets the ability to regenerate then nothing can stop him, Peter has the abilty so he has the edge in any future encounter.

RE: Linderman - The Petrelli brothers have met him through the dealings their father had with him. Peter Petrelli met Mr. Bennett after the Sylar encounter and there was no recognition between them, so Bennett is definitely not Linderman. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find that Hiro's father is Linderman/is an associate of Linderman. The only reason I have for suggesting this is that that when Nikki went to Vegas to talk to Linderman she only met with his assistant Miss Sakamoto(?). It struck me as odd that an Italian-American type mob boss would have a Japanese assistant, more likely to be a Yakuza boss. Not meaning to be racist but they stereotypically stick to their own ethnic group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'd say it's a reasonable assumption that Hiro's sister has a power. Any sibling that we've met (the Petrellis) have powers. It was also suggested that Niki's sister was exceptionally gifted at playing the piano.

Regarding Simone, in Peter's dream/vision where he goes nuclear only the heroes are there plus Simone, even those he hasn't met yet. Maybe Peter's prophetic dreams are a power leached from Simone? (as distinct from Isaac's ability).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

LOTP wrote:
    Mossy Monk wrote:
    wasnt too fussed about Claires father being revealed but please god someone kill Simone. what is her purpose?
    eye candy/possible surprise regarding powers. she will probably turn out to have powers, or fund claires dad or something.
    Well, she had a purpose in the beginning. She was the one who got Issac and Peter to meet each other. Her purpose after that, i dunno - Sarn's theory above sounds plausible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'd say that Hiro will get all the way to Linderman with his now torn painting only to find that Linderman has already sold the sword. Walking out dejected, Hiro's father turns up and gives him the sword, also telling him to find his destiny, etc, etc.

That's my take on it anyway. I'd also say that in a few episodes, we'll see Nikki and Jessica merge into one person. Her story line seems to be coming to a head.

Still don't know about Simone, but I, for one, would be sad to see her go. I also don't want her to have powers. I wouldn't like this show if everyone had superpowers.

Peters power is now definitely the best, but I'd still go with Sylars power, just for the sheer evilness of ripping someone's brain out. (I always wanted to be Darth Vader growing up)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sarn wrote:
    I'd say it's a reasonable assumption that Hiro's sister has a power. Any sibling that we've met (the Petrellis) have powers. It was also suggested that Niki's sister was exceptionally gifted at playing the piano.

Mohinder doesn't seem to have a power, though it is implied that his dead sister did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

iguana wrote:
    Mohinder doesn't seem to have a power, though it is implied that his dead sister did.

Im thinking his sister was a chain in the evolutionary thing she died from her power , as the thing that became a fish proably died from not knowing how to breath. They keep forcing the evolution thing so it makes sense that there are some that dont make it. I reckon he has a power.

In regards to Sylar i dont think he will be invincible when he gets Claires power, as she was dead until the wood was removed from her head. So be heading would do the job nicely.

most of them seem to be awakened by the haitian guy or coming into contact with another, Bennet is obviously tagging them. Linderman imo is one of them too and as a Mob boss knows these people could be useful, he is buying all Isaacs paintings so suggests he knows about Isaac.

Great tv show watched all 14 eps this week, but its very lost like seems to be the new formula for tv shows rather than the "everything exactly the same at the end" type.

I just want them all to meet up :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

CatInABox wrote:
    Peters power is now definitely the best, but I'd still go with Sylars power, just for the sheer evilness of ripping someone's brain out. (I always wanted to be Darth Vader growing up)

Does Peter not have that power now? He has been in contact with Sylar and seems to be learning how to use the powers when not around them.

In relation to Peter exploding, in his vision everybody seems to be there so if he is close proximity to so many of them is maybe that why he explodes? He can't handle it all. Even the cop seems to be trying to hold people back from him.
    I wonder why the picture of the future shows Peter dead, why wasn't Clare there with him healing? (I know I'm going back a bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Something that's just crossed my mind now...

Peter has the power to regenerate now, though not perfected. However, when he met future Hiro on the subway train, Hiro said that he didn't recognise him "without the scar"... so why didn't he regenerate his skin there?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

Perhaps they have already altered the future?

Also, just because Peter managed to regenerate this time doesn’t mean he has “mastered” the power (as Claude was actually trying to make him fly!!), maybe he is unable to regenerate in another ep and is left with the scar because of it?

Or (completely stealing this from Face Off) he forces himself not to regenerate to wear the scar as a reminder of something that we are yet to see…or not ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Raphael wrote:
    It's a tracking device, it was mentiond in the comics

do you mean the comics isaac draws or the comics the show is originally based on?
    if the former, damn, i missed it..
    if the latter, thanks for wreckin it!

episode 15 is on in the US tonight innit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

doonothing wrote:
    if the latter, thanks for wreckin it!

i am assuming he is referring to the comic books which can be viewed on nbc.com. they arent spoilers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yep, there's one released every tuesday night, as soon as the show airs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

MuiriosaB wrote:
    Perhaps they have already altered the future?
    I'd say that's the most likely explanation. Future Hiro came back to tell Peter to save Claire, so obviously Sylar had caught up with Claire and he ended up with the healing ability and not Peter. Now that Peter has met Claire, he has the healing ability and Claire lives, for now at least. I'm sure Sylar won't give up on her just yet.

Lot's of this is starting to make sense now, as per Talisman's post on this thread. Still the whole Linderman and Bennet, who's good and who's bad deal is a mystery. And now add Sulu into the mix and you don't know who's pulling all the strings!

Anyone know how many episodes are going to be in this series? TV.com only has up to the next one listed and no info beyond that. You just know there's going to be an almighty bitchin' cliff-hanger ending to it though.

Advertisement