Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New RTE website

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

I removed Flash Player and the site looks a lot better for it. Very few ads now. Might stick with this and install Flash when i need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

What they've done with the website looks alright, but what they've done with www.rte.ie/aertel is awful! For their online Aertel, simple worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mickd wrote:
    I removed Flash Player and the site looks a lot better for it. Very few ads now. Might stick with this and install Flash when i need it

have you tried Firefox? i dont get any annoying adverts with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Jakkass wrote:
    the ads just shoved to the right arent a good idea though. they could had put it in another bar on the bottom instead.

I've a suggestion for you- Firefox and the Adblock extension (with Filterset.G Updater) The site with no ads is far better. :D Not only that, you'll virtually never see another ad within any web page.

I really like the new RTE web site, much more modern and easy on the eye- the old one was looking very dated.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    have you tried Firefox? i dont get any annoying adverts with it

I use it all the time and do use the adblocker to block images/ads from various sites. Problem is that the irratating Charlie Bird ad & Joe Duffy podcast ad use Flash Player. To config this you have to go to the adobe site and there is no setting to stop these Flash made ads from running so the plugin had to go, for now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Tools > Adblock > Overlay Flash to be able to select the right-click menu on Flash items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

Whatever you do don't forget to put in the 'www'

http://rte.ie/
    Why - because you'll get the exact same site? What's your point?

yeah, when they fixed it

before it didnt give you the exact same site

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

there used to be a section in the tv listings that just had whats on now..

but no more.. annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Futureman wrote:
    Why - because you'll get the exact same site? What's your point?

When I typed in http://rte.ie I was brought to the old homepage with news from the 17th of January
    Typing www.rte.ie brought me to the new website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Just add http://ad.ie.doubleclick.net/* to adblock in Firefox to remove the adds. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

zuutroy wrote:
    pity the still don't use spell-check.

Good one! :p

Maybe a reread of your post would have saved the embarrassment;).

Oracle wrote:
    I've a suggestion for you- Firefox and the Adblock extension (with Filterset.G Updater) The site with no ads is far better. :D Not only that, you'll virtually never see another ad within any web page.

I really like the new RTE web site, much more modern and easy on the eye- the old one was looking very dated.

Many thanks for this. Exactly what i was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I'm a bit lukewarm about it. The site needed an overhaul but there's too many images - not enough text on the main page now

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

It's a pity that it doesn't work properly.

Since the upgrade I can't get on to the TV part of site, Radio appears to work, but the site never seems to load fully, it always seems to be trying to get that last little bit.

I use Firefox and I've tried the site eith IE just in case, but the same result.

that's odd, the tv section works fine for me

using Firefox

Advertisement