Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-marraige course

Options
  • 26-01-2007 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

We are doing our pre-marraige course through together.ie in Terenure college next month. Has anyone done it there & how did they find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Not yet booked in same place next month also. seems to be one of the cheapest and quickest courses, which are very good things indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

A friend of mine did it last week and was surprised how helpful it was.They don,t put you under the gun and ask what do you think of having chrildren,what would you do in this sitiuation etc.It was more of why people argue and the common way people argue.They did ask do you think you spend to much on alcohol in a week. But all they (the couple)said it was a good experience.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

We did it. I can't recall it opening my eyes to anything new, but probably worth it.

Terrible sandwiches. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

Its terrible but thats one of the first things i thought about - will we get lunch :)
    I heard some of the courses involve role playing....i dont think i would like that

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It was actually a bit of a laugh at times, a bit of boys vs girl rivalry etc. Little boring but has to be done!

I can't remember role playing so much. Mostly tick the box compare answers thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭flagpole

do you have to do a pre-marriage course if getting married abroad?
    thx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

flagpole wrote:
    do you have to do a pre-marriage course if getting married abroad?
    thx

It'll depend on the priest .. but if its a catholic wedding then I'd say yes ?

Advertisement