Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dresden Files

Options
  • 23-01-2007 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

I've been looking forward to this since I heard about it a few months ago. it finally aired on SciFi in the States on Sunday night. From TV.com:
    HARRY DRESDEN -- WIZARD Lost Items Found. Paranormal Investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates. No Love Potions, Endless Purses, Parties, or Other Entertainment. Harry Dresden is the only wizard who advertises in the Chicago yellow pages. And he's the real deal. Charms. Potions. Spells even. Dresden is a haunted man (in more ways than one) who has sinned and been sinned...
    Kind of a crap description for something thats fairly adult (the first episode has some skinned corpses). I liked it, but I couldn't help the feeling that it seemed to be a mid-season episode. No hand holding, no formal intros to (what I assume will be) recurring characters. There seems to be a lot of back story too, which I assume will be revealed over the course of the season.

Good show, and I'll stick around for a few more episodes.

Anyone else watch it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't watched yet but have got it waiting for me at home.

Looking forward to it as long providing it does stay somewhat adult-orientated as that synopsis makes it sound like an episode of 'Charmed'! :eek:

PS - found out last night that it doesn't look like Sci-Fi are considering 'The Lost Room' for a full series pick-up as the pilot didn't get the ratings they'd consider satisfactory for a pickup. Shame.. really, REALLY enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nothing like Charmed, basquille (which has its own.. er.. charms).

Thats a shame about The Lost Room, though.... As the mini series is being sold to other channels (Sky One later this month, for example), maybe positive feedback will push this closer to renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I thought it was pretty good. I preferred the Lost Room though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i didnt see this topic thats why i created mine,l
    sry

Anyway i didnt think it was that great i might watch another one not sure yet depends on how bored i am

Advertisement