Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding expectations too high???

Options
  • 20-01-2007 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Trying to organise my wedding, have a long list and am ticking off items as I go along, ie venue, band, bridesmaids dresses. Can honestly say in the most part that I am not exactly enjoying it. I have no idea what I expected but I am not laughing much. Does anyone else understand what I am talking about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You won't enjoy it until the day comes and then you realise that all the work you done was worthwhile. At least thats the way it was with me, I had to organise a wedding 3,500 miles away nothing knowing a lot of the factors involved. I know how you are feeling, it'll get better. When is the big day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 chickatee

Hi Ruu
    The big day is Oct 20th but right now, I am seriously considering calling the whole thing off. The wedding day that is, not the marriage!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I got married last August.

It will be like this right up until you say "I do". The last few days are hectic but as Ruu said, it will all be worth it after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

chickatee wrote:
    Hi Ruu
    The big day is Oct 20th but right now, I am seriously considering calling the whole thing off. The wedding day that is, not the marriage!!!!

I didn't particularly enjoy the whole thing meself, thats why we decided to have a small one and that suited us much better. About 50 people were invited but could have been a lot more had the inlaws got their way. I don't like being in the spot light at all and like to keep things simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

I think everyone gets like this when planning a wedding,i put it off for years because of the hassle and cost,was supposed to be a small wedding and now its huge,went from immediate family to the registry office,and now its 130 guest,i understand how you feel,its endless stress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭elqu

130 lucky you, we're having 200. Immediate familes are huge, 13 on my mother's, 8 on my dad's, 13 on his father's and 6 on his mum's all with partners, then ther's all the friend's whose weddings we attended and the work crowd omg am pure depressed at the thought of appearing in a big white guna in front of them all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

is it usually the bride that does all the organising..or do the grooms actually chip in, be honest guys!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

200 Lucky you, we are looking at 300.

I help out alot with the arrangements. Have input on everything and make half the phone calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Femmy wrote:
    is it usually the bride that does all the organising..or do the grooms actually chip in, be honest guys!!!!

good god no :) ...

The GF has done up most of it ... I'm just fixing up a website for it as it'll be in france so some directions and so on are in order for people :)

She was pretty stressed before but once we got venue / caterer sorted its not that bad ... everything else has kinda fallen into place ... I say that cus I didn't have to sort out much of it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

elqu wrote:
    130 lucky you, we're having 200. Immediate familes are huge, 13 on my mother's, 8 on my dad's, 13 on his father's and 6 on his mum's all with partners, then ther's all the friend's whose weddings we attended and the work crowd omg am pure depressed at the thought of appearing in a big white guna in front of them all :(

I'm sorry, the work crowd? By this do you mean "friends from work" or just people from work who expect to be invited?

Also, when is the last time you actually spent quality time with all of these 200 people? Do you really, really, really need to invite them all?

• Advertisement
Advertisement