Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood on the Carpet

• 20-01-2007 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

"Blood on the Carpet" is a BBC documentary from 2000, which gives a very good unbiased account of the BDO-PDC split. Includes interviews with top people on both sides.

Its a "must-see" for darts fans.

The Business Channel is showing it at the moment. Its on Channel 547 on Sky. No idea if NTL has it.

Its on at 12.00, 2pm and 4.30pm today (Saturday). Hopefully there'll be more repeats on during the week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Apparently its not on NTL - so for those people its also on the web:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q6YKC507

To get at the file, you have to insert a 3-letter code into a box in the top right-hand corner.

File is 100MB in size and uses the Xvid Codec (http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html if you need it).

The High Quality version is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L88HG3RA

390MB, Xvid as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Brilliant post Rooster, I have been trying to get my hands on this for a while now.

Graet stuff :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Thanks for the heads-up.
    I watched it and it was interesting though probably sat too much on the fence for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I thought it was pretty clear that Olly Croft was the main reason for the split. The players had no choice but to take action.

Olly said "We don't owe the players a living".
    They didnt give a shíte that there was no longer a living to be made from darts at the professional end. They had no idea how to market the game or to get more events on TV.

Croft put his own self-interest far above the interest of the pros. it was basically "I can't do it, but I'm not letting anyone else do it because I might lose my power".

When he's dead and buried there is every chance that the game will get re-united, but not until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

nice one The Rooster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Thanks Rooster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I only got around to watching this now. Great find Rooster.

I agree, it appears Olly was the main reason for the split. He was too stuck in his ways to endorse any change, and it appears he still is.

The current state of affairs with the BDO only confirms that his methods were not the way to go. Meanwhile, the PDC is thriving.

Such is the bad blood, until he moves on, I can't see any reconciliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Ya very good indeed. Man that Olly Croft was a twat. They should have hung him by his balls and used him instead of the dart board.

Advertisement