Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride Name Change & Marriage Notification

Options
  • 17-01-2007 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi,

I am planning on keeping my maiden name on things like passport, bank etc, but won't object to being called Mrs on post etc.

I am wondering who you are legally required to notify that you have married, regardless of name change -all I can think of :

Revenue Commissioners
    Social Welfare
    Health Executive

and uncertain about,

bank,
    solicitor,
    passport office (if not changing name)
    gardaí
    doctor
    dentist

Any info appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭savoyard

If entitlements change due to marital status, then obviously you should update info and that's why people let social welfare or the tax office know. I have never heard that you are legally obliged to inform anyone.

It's not relevant to doctors, dentists, passport office and I doubt they'd care. I never informed anyone that I got married - if it asks on a form I answer honestly but there is no need to go to any trouble about it. It's only people who change their name that get that hassle....

Advertisement