Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Murphy presenting the panel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

dubmick wrote:
    She wasn't funny at all.
    Who cares...
    dubmick wrote:
    I thought David Norris was good though.
    David Norris rocks..his story of the most abusive hate mail , well voice mail, was hilarious and after talking about Iraq and starving babies and torture "..Well thats wasn't very funny...hadn't you better say ****" genius

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Do people find Dara funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Do people find Dara funny?

God yeah. If you don't yourself, rent his DVD and it'll change your mind. The first couple of minutes are weak enough but it sets up the rest of what can only be described as laugh out loud stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

connundrum wrote:
    Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain, again though, she was filling the token women's position, where she has to interject with 'serious' questions every so often. Either get someone there to hold their own or go with another male comedian as in Blame the Nation.

I did notice that the camera man tended to linger on her more than anyone else, slim pickings eh :p

I cant stand her. What is her story anyway? RTE seem to be pushing her everywhere, I even saw her recently hosting some young scientist thing on RTE2 and she hadn't a clue what she was at. All she ever seems to do is have that big goofy smile on her face!

Shes still fit though so at least has a step up on some of the other RTE offerings but I agree that they should just stick another man on there. Like is there any woman out actually thinking "yes, they've got a woman on this, we are being well represented"?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

homerjk wrote:
    I cant stand her. What is her story anyway? RTE seem to be pushing her everywhere, I even saw her recently hosting some young scientist thing on RTE2 and she hadn't a clue what she was at. All she ever seems to do is have that big goofy smile on her face!

Shes still fit though so at least has a step up on some of the other RTE offerings but I agree that they should just stick another man on there. Like is there any woman out actually thinking "yes, they've got a woman on this, we are being well represented"?!!

She's just there as eye candy I presume. She's a very cute girl but there's definitely a touch of the chipmunks about her with those enormous fiacla.

RTE do seem to be pushing her alright. Wasn't she on Test the Nation too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

homerjk wrote:
    I cant stand her. What is her story anyway? RTE seem to be pushing her everywhere

She must have a very good publicist behind her. Also see Nikki Hyaes, who seems to be appearing everywhere, for no reason.
    homerjk wrote:
    I even saw her recently hosting some young scientist thing on RTE2 and she hadn't a clue what she was at. All she ever seems to do is have that big goofy smile on her face!

Well according to this, she may just be smarter than the average cookie.. thereby justifying her presence at the Young Scientist Event.
    Rose of Tralee, Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain (center), who completed her first-class UCD honours BSc degree in Theoretical Physics in Summer 2005

She needs media training if she's to make it though.

Oh and on topic, I saw Dara live in Vicar Street last year and thought he was halarious, and I do think that he's a better host than Murphy, but Colin is getting better.

Apparently O'Briain will be back in the host seat for the last show next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

dubmick wrote:
    She wasn't funny at all.

Ray D'Arcy seemed very uncomfortable. I thought David Norris was good though.

Thought the same about ray

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

connundrum wrote:
    Well according to this, she may just be smarter than the average cookie.. thereby justifying her presence at the Young Scientist Event.

She needs media training if she's to make it though.

Jesus I knew there was something i didn't like about her!! She's going to be the new Pat Kenny. Albeit a female.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Ray D'Arcy was awful last night. Am I the only one who couldnt give a sh1t about his and Foxrock-Jenny's baby?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

connundrum wrote:
    Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain, again though, she was filling the token women's position, where she has to interject with 'serious' questions every so often. Either get someone there to hold their own or go with another male comedian as in Blame the Nation.

I did notice that the camera man tended to linger on her more than anyone else, slim pickings eh :p
    Well I think she did a great job of it :D
    Nightwish wrote:
    Ray D'Arcy was awful last night. Am I the only one who couldnt give a sh1t about his and Foxrock-Jenny's baby?

Well...hes still obviously excited about the whole thing and being a "celebrity" here means most interviews with him for the next while will have at least a question about the kid.
    He did seem quite uncomfortable being there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Grrr...Colin Murphy again. Very annoying. I like him as a panelist but a terrible presenter (as I have already said on this thread I think).

Another new girl this week..."she's not funny" yada yada hey. All the women they get on aren't funny apart from Paulinne McLynn,. Despite what y'all say I think she's funny and not just in a 'best of a bad bunch' or 'she was mrs. doyle' way.

Still, new girl was better than Mairead she wrecks my head.

It was good last night, still seeing too much of Colin's hogging. And he's so damn ugly to look at. I know Dara aint a beaut but at least he doesn't pull faces like Colin does...he looks like a fricken ape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Referred to by Gaybo on his radio show :

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/01/hitchens200701

The lack of funny women is nothing to do with RTE or a chauvinist Irish standup scene - its genetic.

So now we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

I'd look at Ms Rose Of Tralee all night lads, all night. Shes 8 million times better than Fiona Looney !!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭*Simone*

Calling Dara O'Briain a "goober" is just unfair, hence its controversial :D

And I too agree that no woman is funny enough to be classed as a comedian, Ive yet to see one. The closest thing to a funny female is Deirdre O'Kane, and Id only class her as average. I dunno what it is, we must lack funny genetics... myself not included of course, coz Im a hoot :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gus chiggins

I think colins good not great like dara but then again dara's made the decision that he'd prefer to be on english television...excuse me,cough,cough,sell-out,cough... ahhh! thats better. So if you look at it they have no choice. Colins the only one around on a consistent basis.

On a side note am i the only one you thinks ed byrne is a waste of space on that show, i mean he contributes nothing of value and is only there cause he used to be funny.

Maxwell on the other hand is pure genius, that remark about that hairy fine gael td in a hair net had me in tears!

Advertisement