Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting married abroad

Options
  • 14-01-2007 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

has anyone recently organised a wedding abroad? I have recently got engaged and am looking to escape the traditional irish church wedding. I have looked at a load of websites but the info seems pretty vague until you start emailing the wedding planners.... I would consider anywhere in Europe, as long as it's sunny. One catch, the venue has to be wheelchair accessible. Any one out there with first hand experience as guest or bridal party? Much appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I am getting married in the Dominican Republic in march. I found UK based websites a lot more useful than Irish ones.

Cyprus really caught my eye, as did italy, just go onto google.co.uk and try weddings in Italy etc, it worked for me (Except I opted for the DR)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DoubleL

will do Fratton Fred. I really hadn't considered Cyprus at all but I think the legalities there might be simpler than anywhere else. Yeah some of the Irish websites aren't great at all so I will give the google UK one a bash!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

my fiancee and i are of the same mindset. she has 90 relations to invite to a irish wedding so we are thinking of having a small family wedding abroad. we looked into having the traditional irish wedding and it would cost 23000 euro, not including wedding dress and wedding rings/bands. i think we would get 9,000 euro in gifts for the size wedding we were thinking of.

we went to our local travel agent and they deal with www.belleair.ie who do wedding packages in Malta. cost of this would be about 2,500 (including dinner for 20 people). accomodation and flights about 1,000(depending on what luxury you want) and then some spending money i suppose. again, not including wedding dress and rings, this would be about 7-8000 euro. a saving of ~6000. much cheaper and you don't fall out with anyone for not inviting them!

will also check out Cyprus with our travel agent but i'm 80% convinced of going away.

Advertisement