Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madina (Mary St., Dublin)

Options
  • 14-01-2007 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Went in here again a few days ago after going early last year and being slightly underwhelmed by the experience - have to say it seems to be a lot better than it was initially.

I just got a simple veg. curry and garlic naan, but it was very good and, most importantly, felt vegetarian in a non-exclusively veggie place. The naan was delicious, fresh from the oven, and the curry was good also.

The prices are quite reasonable, and the decor and small things like serving plates etc. are all very tastefully done. Worth a visit..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

They've improved massively alright, since they've opened that new place they do keep the veggie stuff seperate. The Saag dishes rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 althompsone

Yeah I've started going there a lot myself, and can hardly imagine a better restaurant in the city for the price.

I'm not vegetarian but I'm big into my veg, and they seem to cater very extensively for the vegetarian.

And while we're at it, any info on the girl with the dreadlocks who's started working there? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

One of the best and most authentic Indian places in Dublin imo. Used to get awesome takeaways from their Moore St shop, I wonder can you still get them now they are in Parnell St?

I've always had good food in Madina.
    The Parnell street shop has a Deli now upstairs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Moonbaby keeps telling me I've been tehre and I said it was good. No idea though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I love Madinas in Mary St.
    Peshwari naans, chaana Masala and a mango lassi= Heaven :)

Channa puri.....nyom nyom nyom.

Yeah sorry Tar, it was actually Peanut I was thinking of.

We should have a meet here, so we can order lots of dishes and share.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

aha ! I knew it! nearly convinced me i had been there!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

My veggie friend had been singing their praises for ages, so I ended up going on the evening of Arthur Guinness day.
    I ordered a dry veggie dish and vegetable samosa's with it. They came out covered in some creamy sauce (or could've been yoghurt) anyway, I apologised and said I should've been clearer when ordering and could I get new ones without the creamy sauce as I couldn't have dairy, he said no problem.

I wasn't facing the counter but my friend was and she saw him bring them up to the chef and he dumped the same ones back in the fryer for a minute and serve them back up, he came back with them and i asked him about it and he said "oh did you want new ones?" at this point we'd been waiting for about 30mins after ordering, so we just said forget it and left, hungry and annoyed:mad:

Advertisement