Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iDEA - Having no chief bridesmaid

Options
  • 11-01-2007 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

I am going to ask 3 friends to be my bridesmaids, but don't want to pick one over the others to be chief, so no pressure on any of them to do extra and no favouritism!!

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Fine except, who walks up the aisle first who stands closest to you at the alter etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

JoeyJJ wrote:
    Fine except, who walks up the aisle first who stands closest to you at the alter etc.

Who cares!!! I think its a great idea. Weddings are far too formal and put WAY too much pressure on people i think. OP do whatever you want, its your day, your money and your happiness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

I was thinking of matching the guys and gals height-wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Sounds like an excellent idea. No particular pressure on any one of the three and no room for any of them to start wondering why they're not the chief bridesmaid. I'd say all three will be delighted to hear it. Enjoy the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

You'll need one of them to sign the register as a witness unless you pick someone else completely like your mother or someone close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Have them all pick a card in a deck of cards highest one wins , be very drunk at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

I didn't want to choose between my bridesmaids either, so one night, after some strawberry schnapps to set the mood, we had a multiple-choice quiz to see who knew me best - the person with the most correct answers got to be Chief Bridesmaid. The quiz was hilarious because we already had a few schnapps before I wrote it, but it turned out to be a great way to reminisce about silly things that had happened over the years. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

thanks for ideas -especially witness!

have yet to ask them - am hoping they will all say yes, as one has been bridesmaid twice before and another was once before and found it stressful!!

Do you think ask them separately, in close succession?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deekme

i had the same problem but from the grooms piont so i just got the 3 of them at the same time and told them i didnt want to pick one but asked if any of them didnt want to do it then put the ones that did into a hat.....easy straight to the piont mans way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I was thinking of matching the guys and gals height-wise.

Is your husband planning on having a proper best man or are his three groomsmen just going to be the same as your three bridesmaids... if so you can't really match them up to height...

• Advertisement
Advertisement