Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24 Day 6, Hour 4 (0900-1000) [Spoilers]

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Mossy Monk wrote:
    January 22nd for episode 5. thankfully FOX are showing the 1st 4 episodes in 2 consecutive days

Fox showing opening hours 1 & 2 Sun 14th and hours 3 & 4 Mon 15th.

Hour 5 airing Mon 22nd as posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

TmB wrote:
    All without food.
    Don't you remember? He ate some guy's neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. to re-iterate what's said. A fantastic start to the season.

Can't remember being that impressed with the first 4 episodes of a season since maybe season 1. It was obvious to me since Curtis met Assad with that ice-cold shoulder and attitude that Curtis would do something crazy. But loved the reveal to Jack of their history as Curtis edged outta the room after Assad.

The Milo-Maurice-Chloe love triangle tension stuff was daft... that better stop now! :rolleyes:

Still, Bauer shooting Curtis in the throat and the nuke was a fantastic finish to the episode.

Hour 5 is too far away! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

And so the tormentation of Jack Bauer continues. After holding his dying wife in his arms, his daughter getting kidnapped so many times,
    having to off his very own colleagues in pursuit of the nations security,
    having that same nation turn its back on him and abandon him for the Chinese to have their way with him, he stills get shít served up to him.

Man this is one badass show (the best on tv, along with BSG of course), and nobody is more badass than JACK BAUER. I wonder will he ever find peace..

Shaping up to be the best season so far, and i hope we get a few flashbacks of Jacks time in China, and what exactly did the prez offer to China for his release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Am really loving this so far. Season 5 was amazing, so it has alot to live up to, but its certainly going strong so far. I too wonder what the price for freeing jack was, but i'm sure we'll find out. His escape was great as well. I was dead surprised whenthey detonated the nuke as well. Really well done.

And Jack shooting Curtis...did not expect that at all. Curtis has been a great character, even though he's not there a huge amount. Was hoping to see him in season 6. Did Jack shoot him in the neck or shoulder? I'm assuming (but not hoping) he's dead. And finally, seeing Jack break down ("I'm done")...was hard to watch.
    Mossy Monk wrote:
    in the 1st hour Jack was stabbed in the shoulder? but by hour 3 there was no blood stains or nothing. even if he changed his shirt there would surely be something and they way he is able to climb over high walls and fences

Come on...its Jack :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

It was excellent. The best of the 4 episodes in my eyes. Its nice to see Jack broken down again because you just know he will just get up and do it twice as well again. That is a likely and predictable outcome so perhaps they will go in another direction but it just doesnt get old. I mean "Dont get up" has to be the best one liner so far, in relation to him stealing the white jeep from some guy in a suit.

jor el wrote:
    I thought too that the father might stop the guy setting off the nuke, but instead he just screamed. Some bitch after he beat that other guy to death and everything, all for naught.

It's quite funny that the dad actually did more to end his own life than save any else. I mean he set up the nuke effectively and then just went "noooooo!" when Numir was about to set off the nuke. Why didnt he run over and kick him or something.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hard to see Ahmed as anything other than Taj from Van Wilders Party Liason :D

Yeah Berooz Araz was such a headwrecker!

Its also hard to see that dad from the hostage situation family being anything other than the necrophiliac weirdo from Nip/Tuck as well. Man his son should have been shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Does anyone else feel the Manning debacle just doesn't ring true to the character?

I mean we're talking about a guy who has been about as by-the-book as you can get. From his first dealings with Tony in CTU to his reluctance to relieve his commander at CTU.

Al of a sudden, he's this guy who ignores presidential orders and acts on a long past grudge?

I don't buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I would have to agree with you about Curtis but I reckon its also trying to make him appear completely hardlined towards terrorism while Jack has his little crisis of conscience so unfortunately perhaps they chose to use Curtis as a photo negative of Jack's current state or to at least show how different JAck is 'this time around'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

psi wrote:

Al of a sudden, he's this guy who ignores presidential orders and acts on a long past grudge?

Yeah it was some grudge dont you think?

Also you could see it coming as the set it up from the moment Manning meet him

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Was a little bit hesitant approaching this season. Seasons 3 & 4 had been weak and although we had a great Season 5 I wasn't sure if it was one last stab at glory. Hopefully, if this is the sign of Season 6, we're on to another winner.

Nukes ftw \o/ Didn't see it coming although I saw Jack having to do the old execution of a friend again. Still done well. His subsequent breakdown was a lot more affecting than at the end of Day 3 because we'll see him dealing with the consequences (perhaps) for the next few hours.

Not the greatest show on TV but one of the greatest escapist, fun shows on the box currently.

Now if only they can give Chloe a machine gun again and send her out into the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I might watch them all over again :) Brilliant :)
    The Milo-Maurice-Chloe love triangle tension stuff was daft... that better stop now!

Without that we would get the best line in the series

"Ok fine, if you want it in table format you get it in table format, lets just stop this mad phycotic terrorist bad guy who might detonate a nuke on Wiltshire Bolavard"

Brilliant ending to the first four hours. Again I still think the opening episode in the first season is prob the best opening episode where Mandy blows up the airplane and parachutes out :) excellent. (Just had to bring that up).

Also I hope Mandy comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

<SNIP>

Fantastic season so far. Those last 10 minutes of ep. 4 were just brilliant. :D:D

EDIT: DJB, if you are curious about a rumour, try asking in the Season 6 news and trailer *Spoilers* thread. These episode discussion threads are definitely NOT the place for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ever think you might have put spoiler tags on that?

even if its not known for certain dont go posting what you heard will happen in a thread marked spoilers. this is for things that has happened

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

Is there nobody watching on Sky?:D

I watched from 7:30-10:00 tonight, the vampire bite and dropkick(does that count?) will go down as some of my favourite Jack kills. And the explosion at the end, Jesus, the explosion! Is Jack going to get hit? Ahhhhh. Such a badass show.

PS: Nadia is a hottie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

PS: Nadia is a hottie.

Was waiting for someone to point that out. She makes the asbscence of Kim a bit easier to bear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Amazing Episode!
    Looks like it'll be one hell of a Day!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Excellent episode, best one so far IMO.

When I saw what the mother had done in the hostage situation, I believed that the young lad would be killed.

Curtis going on a personal vendetta - I thought he would be so attached to the rules that he wouldn't let personal feelings intefere with his job.

I didn't believe that the bomb would go off - I thought that the CTU agents would get to it in time.

More episodes like this and I'll be happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Yeah, 24 makes for great TV but one has to wonder....

What WMD is left at this stage to keep Jack busy? Bio, chemical, nukes, it's all been done before (more than once for some of them).

OK, so we have a couple of more "Visitors" to worry about but I can't help feeling that we have hit the climax of this season already.

Hopefully I'm mistaken ;).

PS This plot-line has strong similarities to 'Jericho', I guess the threat of nuclear terrorism will keep the Yanks running scared and Dubya in a job for another while yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭The Denouncer

Much better episode! That's more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

starman100 wrote:
    What WMD is left at this stage to keep Jack busy? Bio, chemical, nukes, it's all been done before (more than once for some of them).

Jade Goody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Wow, what fantastic episode. That is up there with the best episodes from previous seasons.
    Jack shooting Curtis, nuclear bomb been detonated, another day in the life of Jack Bauer :)

I did like when Karen told Palmer there will could be potentially 100,000s of thousand killed if bomb is denoated and his first words are get Jack Bauer. Wayne knows the score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BA2703

Froot wrote:
    Hard to see Ahmed as anything other than Taj from Van Wilders Party Liason :D

Isn't he Kumar from Harald & Kumar get the Munchies?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

BA2703 wrote:
    Isn't he Kumar from Harald & Kumar get the Munchies?

I think he is - seen that film on Sky Movies a few weeks ago and then up steps Kumar, I mean Ahmed in 24. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

Bah. I thought Curtis was a boring ****e in the last few series. As soon as he starts to get a bit interesting Jack shoots him!

Advertisement