Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fat Darters

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Kenny, you've still to tell me why it's a knacker sport?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

There has been some awful rubbish posted in this thread. Why the hell is darts a "knacker" sport? If by that you mean its a working class sport then you are totally correct but then so is soccer and to a certain extent GAA. Are both of those knacker sports as well?

Darts, although originally a pub game, is now well and truely a sport. There are now darts training academies for young up an coming players, darts has been officially recognised as a sport and it will more than likely be an event at the 2012 Olympics. Just because it doesnt require you to run around a field doesnt mean that it not a sport.

As for fat people being able to pay darts, as Licksy says that part of the appeal to the sport. A person of any age, sex or fitness level can play the sport. You can play it in your own bedroom and thats what I love about it. The reason that there is quite a few heavy darts players around is because these guys put in 4 or 5 hours practice a day. Yes some are overweight but so what? I dont see what the problem is. And anyway there re loads of skinny players playing darts, including an ex Middlesborough footballer!

Darts is a hugely enjoyable sport that has so many characters involved in the game, many of whom are overweight. Without those players the sport would not be half as good as it is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Inspector and Kenny5 are just ignorant. They know so little about the sport, Taylor, Barney and Fordham are the only 3 players they know.

They've obviously never heard of top ranking slim players such as Roland Scholten, Dennis Priestley, James Wade, Terry Jenkins, Jelle Klaasen, Michael van Gerwen etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Ok I'm taking from all of this that some people only really know Barnie and Phil. Well most of the great players today are not fat, just the two best are!

Lets have a look at some more house hold names shall we: Llyod, Preistly, Mason, Painter, Part, Van Gerwen, Klassen, Beaton, Scholten... I could go on but between those there is not one fat person. Kind of rebukes the myth doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Llyod, Priestly & Part are pretty big guys!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah its pretty clear that Kenny and inspector have never actually watched the sport and have just heard about Taylor, Barney and Fordham because these three have had the most media exposure.

Maybe if they sat down and watched the sport their attitude would change. Tbh alot of people seem to have the same attitude as these two and its a problem that the sport needs to address and if they do more people will become involved with the game.

Dennis Priestley is not a big guy, yes he has a slight Belly but the man is 56 years old. Lloyd was a big guy but has lost over 3 Stone in the last few months. Part is big enough true but then again its not like they have to be in peak physical condition is it?

TBH. What does it matter! If someone doesn't like the sport your not going to change their mind.

Taylor is the greatest that ever Lived and he's overweight. Surely that says something!

Remember the days where Darts players used to have Pints on stage! Not that long ago!

Yeah I remember they could have pints and they could smoke on the stage on the stage as well. I think its better off that they arent allowed to do this anymore as it cleans up the sports image but I feel the same as you Gillie. What the hell does it matter if a player is fat or not? The only thing I care about is how good he is at playing this brilliant sport.

Hell Yeah brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Agreed, I find my beer belly helps keep me balanced when throwing ;) Just because these players may be overweight why should it matter, it doesnt take away from the skilled players they are. Hell look at Van Gerwen he must be only 10stone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Didn't taylor sliim down by 4 stone or something when part beat him in '03. He attributed the weight loss to a loss of balance and promptly put back on the weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Kingp35 wrote:
    Darts, although originally a pub game, is now well and truely a sport. There are now darts training academies for young up an coming players, darts has been officially recognised as a sport and it will more than likely be an event at the 2012 Olympics. Just because it doesnt require you to run around a field doesnt mean that it not a sport.

I agree with that, its the lazy-man's Archery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

Damn, I thought this was a thread about fat commuters....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

womens darts is on eurosport now ( normal eurosport not british eurosport)........

2 absolute stunners are playing ;)

one of them looks like charlize theron from monster (she was dutch and her name was krappen) and other ones worse.....

edit:

aww there back to the mens darts

might be a few glamour shots here:
    http://www.karinkrappen.nl/

Heres the other stunner:

http://www.dartsworld.com/jrdarts/Eastbourne2006_album/apyleejones.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

I assume thats Charliz Theron whilst "in" monster?
    Was watching a pair of alegedly woman darters last night. They'd be ugly blokes if they were men

The second beauty is definitely a bloke. I wonder if sex tests are required before entry!

The 22 year old Russian woman that is in the semis now isnt that bad.

womens darts is on eurosport now ( normal eurosport not british eurosport)........

2 absolute stunners are playing ;)

one of them looks like charlize theron from monster (she was dutch and her name was krappen) and other ones worse.....

edit:

aww there back to the mens darts

might be a few glamour shots here:
    http://www.karinkrappen.nl/

Heres the other stunner:

http://www.dartsworld.com/jrdarts/Eastbourne2006_album/apyleejones.html

Oh sweet Jebus!:eek:
    How'd they get her off the welsh flag?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭The Rooster

There certainly are a few women's darters who are minging.

But the Russian semi-finalist Anastasia is very nice.

And a former world semi-finalist, Mieke de Boer from the Netherlands, is also a looker and has appeared in European Playboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

is there any fat woman darter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

why do no thin darters win darts

• Advertisement

Oman wrote:

Jelle Klaasen, who won the BDO world title last year, isnt fat at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Macker

Oman wrote:
    Gob****e ,I'm suprised a lot of the posters to this thread have not been banned ,go into any other forum and slag it off and you're gone ,and rightly so

Macker wrote:
    Gob****e ,I'm suprised a lot of the posters to this thread have not been banned ,go into any other forum and slag it off and you're gone ,and rightly so

There are no mods on the dart forum. I dont think that Amz person has ever even looked at the dart forum.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

'Allo allo! What's all this then?

Thread locked for being one of the most idiotic threads I've ever seen. Lads, have you never heard the expression "don't feed the troll"?

Amz might be in to ban some of you, but that's up to her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement