Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

engagement rings in New York

Options
  • 27-12-2006 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

hi,

Dose anybody have any experience of buying an engagement ring in New York,I am planning a trip and would like to purchase one while there but i have read a few dodgy reports online about the diamond district,anybody know of a reputable jeweler.
    Also i have heard diamonds are less expensive but am afraid of being ripped off!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Tiffany & Co

Need I say more. I have been to NY before and Tiffany i would think is most girls choice of where they would like their engagement ring to come from.
    Other than that I dont know,sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sud

Ya,that im sure would be the best place to go, but im hoping to find a bargin and i hear you pay for the privilege of walking out with one of their bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

we were in new york in nov. and got our wedding rings there for a fraction of what it would have cost us here. i think it was on 46th or 47th street in NY. The street is full of jewellers. we found a nice guy that did not push silly looking exoensice rocks in front of us. when we told him what we wanted, he told us to come back in a day and he would have it made up for us...and he did, herself was delighted. he would have done the same for an engagement ring as well, pm me if you want the name or address of the shop...
    while we were talking to him, he took out his receipt book and showed us loads of address's of irish people that have bought from him, recently and going back ages, so he was used to dealing !

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

The Diamond District is on W 47th St. just off 5th Ave. I'd be careful up there, you really have to know your stuff and stay clear of "hawkers" sales people in front of their shops encouraging you in.

Check out this site for info.

http://www.thediamondbuyingguide.com/

Best of Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 meme24

has anyone bought from diamond.ie they are also based in LA apparently?

• Advertisement
Advertisement