Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HElp I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START

Options
  • 27-12-2006 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

oh my god.. someone please help me, i just to engaged and plan to get married in 2008, but i really know nothing bout weddings!!
    Things like, do you wear your engagement ring on the wedding day, does it go on top or under?
    Whats the average wedding cost? i havent a clue and dont want to get fleeced!
    We only want a small wedding with a bout 70 and nearly sure the venue is booked.. but little things like traditional things i should know (but dont cos im a bebe) BUT DONT KNOW AHHHHHHH PANICINGGGGG!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Calm down, it's two years away yet. Have you gone to the trouble of reading some of the stickies at the top of this forum? That's what they're for. There are also plenty of wedding magazines that have websites, lots of useful info on those. Congratulations by the way - but a word of advice, calm down or you'll turn into Bridezilla!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭glitter-bug

thanks :) Its talking to people who are getting married later than me but have EVERYTHING sorted, the weridos! i just want to enjoy being engaged first but obviously im going to have to sort everything out and then enjoy... hehe bridezilla

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I think that the main thing to do is relax. There are lots of books that will help you with the practicalities. There will always be things that you will forget until the last minute, am getting married on Friday and I forgot about the flowers until last week. From experience people will be more than willing to help. The main thing to remember is that it is you and your fiance's big day and try to remember that your wedding is not the most important thing, it is the rest of your life together that matters.

Wishing you all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilrayosunshine

wedding ring first them engagement ring.. so no don't wear it on your wedding ring finger on the day.. give it to your mam/bridesmaid to wear during the ceremony!
    Once you have the
    Hotel Booked
    Church/registry office booked
    two witnesses (best man and bridesmaid) chosen
    a dress to wear
    a suit for him
    two new rings
    a bouquet (if you want one)

nothing else really matters.. Your hotel rep will give you a hand to work out menus and table arrangements etc.
    Friends and family will help you out too.. just stay calm!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

You can also wear your engagement ring on your other hand for the day, which reminds me...

The list from lilrayosunshine is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilrayosunshine

CathyMoran wrote:
    You can also wear your engagement ring on your other hand for the day, which reminds me...

The list from lilrayosunshine is very good.
    Just remember to put it back on your left hand with your wedding ring for the photos of you signing the register

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭glitter-bug

aww thanks guys, i really dont want to become bridezilla but i can so see it happening with my crazy mother, looking at a castle tmrw and once i get that sorted il be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

www.weddingsonline.ie is a decent resource for Brides. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Firstly ... Many Congragulations on your recent engagement.

Secondly ... Relax .. once you and he turn up on the day and say the I dos and sign the registar nothing else really matters !!

I wore my engagement ring on my right hand then got my husband to put it onto my left hand in the car on the journey to the hotel.

We got friends of ours to do the photography and others to drive us (so we could have a wee drinky)..I made the cake myself and it all just fell into place.

weddings can be stress free... just dont expect to do it without your mother having at least one major row with you and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tiggs

hey GB.. congrats on the engagement.. and as everyone else says relax and calm down...

now... if you want any advice or help please contact me.... I am at present doing a diploma in Event Mgt and Wedding Planning.... Franc eat ur heart out... so am at present looking for all the experience I can get so if ya need anything shout... i have a lot of info gathered already and can give you numbers etc... I am in process of planning my firneds wedding too.. which is in August this year.. she is thrilled I am doing diploma and is getting a freeby wedding planner... but I need the experince to build up portfolio... so if you need help please dont hesitiat to contact me... u can help me and I'll help you!!!

good luck
    xxxx

• Advertisement
Advertisement