Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Laguna

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

very sorry for your loss, RIP Laguna

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I am so sorry for your loss man!
    You should let everyone come to the funeral. Don't give in to bitterness but let this bring the family together, rather than tearing your clan apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Franchise,

Im very sorry to hear about your brother.

I was in class with Tom and this is horrible news.

Could you let me know the funeral arrangements? PM if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Im really sorry for your loss. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Condolences and just to repeat what others have said, let those who wish to attend the funeral do so.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Deepest sympathies.

I would echo what others say and allow them to come to the funeral.

I wish you and your family all the best and hope you gat all the help and support you need through this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sorry for your loss, seemed like a delightful chap from what I saw on boards from him. Appreciate you letting us know. Rest in peace, Laguna.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sorry for your loss. When my father died we decided to invite people we knew who wouldn't come anyway. A death can have unforeseen effects on people and we felt it was best to at least allow people the opportunity to mourn.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dvega

My thoughts go out to you and your family this christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭jhegarty

My parents have decided anyone can come if they want but we won't try make them feel better about not visiting him.

sounds like a good plan... its a time to be the bigger person...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bpm

I felt so sad when i heard this news about Tom, i also worked with him in tesco, he'd be facing off the off license and he always had a great joke to tell me, its very hard to read this,

my condolences to all his family.

Fiona

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

My heart goes out to you Franchise, I'm truly sorry for your loss.

It has basically ****ed up our family for good the reason I am posting this is because my family need to decide if family who didn't visit him while was ill should be allowed to come to his funeral.
    Sorry for the rant.

Rant away, that's what PI is for.

To address your above comment.
    My uncle died of cancer at age 36. To see someone so young go like that is a horrible, terrible thing. I found it very difficult to go see him, to face him. What can you say? Nothing seems good enough and it won't help in any way. It's gut wrenching.
    Perhaps these family members couldn't do it. It's no excuse I know.
    You're angry at your brothers death, you have every right to be, he was waaay too young.
    No point taking your anger out on these people though, in the long run it won't help you or them. Leave it be and just take care of yourself and your parents, this is all that matters right now.

/edit
    The reason were our bitter to some family members that they didn't believe he was sick at all they believed that we were making it all up like it was a big joke

Just saw this comment and all I can say is they must feel like the biggest fools right now. Probably shocked into disbelief at the stupidness of their actions. They will most likely carry the guilt of that for quite some time. No need to give them a hard time about it, most likely they are beating themselves up about it all on their own.
    Take care.
    a

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Deepest sympathies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

sorry for your loss.

he seemed a decent soul the odd time our posts crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

So sorry for your loss. He was a great guy. I only really knew him for a while from playing online with him on the Dreamcast. I haven't spoken to him in a long while. :(

I think it's a good idea to let them come to the funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Very sorry to hear this.

Franchise, your family members are being punished enough. The guilt of not going to see him should be enough to endure.

A funeral isn't just to pay respects to the deceased. It also gives the family closure and your family have the right to come and say their final goodbyes, even if they weren't there in the time of need.

You and your family have enough to worry about and endure. The last thing you need now is an argument that could damage your relationship with your family further. It wouldn't be (mentally) healthy for any of you.

Again, sorry for your loss and your brother will be missed by all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Sorry for your loss franchiseplayer

RIP Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

sorry to hear this. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Sorry for your loss and condolences to you and your family.

RIP Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

My thoughts are with you and your family. May your brother rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Sorry for your loss,
    RIP Tom

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*hugs*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm sorry for your loss.
    I noticed Laguna around and I'm sure he will be missed. He liked anime and star trek so I liked him, and his lovely avatar.
    I wish you and your family the best.
    R.I.P. Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Deepest sympathies.
    I think your parents have made the right decision, let the family come but let them know what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'm sorry to hear that - and I think anyone who wants to pay their respects to your brother should be allowed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Deepest sympathies. Sorry for your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

R.I.P Laguna

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I remember a few of Lagunas posts while I've been a member and my deepest sympathies go to you and your family. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

if family who didn't visit him while was ill should be allowed to come to his funeral.
    Sorry for the rant.

I've no idea whatsoever what you're going through at the moment, and haven't read any of the responses in this thread, so maybe this has already been said. You have my deepest sympathies, I really can't say anything more than that, I've never experienced anything like this so I can't really say that I know how you're feeling or anything, but, in my opinion, if somebody wants to go to a funeral, they should go and be allowed to go. It shouldn't be a case of allowing or not allowing certain people to go, if somebody wants to pay their respects IMO (I can't stress that enough), they should be allowed to. Just my two cents on the issue, I really don't have any experience in these matters and have no idea of the details of the whole situation, but I really hope it works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That's a real shame. Sorry for your troubles. I remember his posts in different fora on boards over the last couple of years and he struck me as a decent and enthusiastic fella. Your parents did the right thing.

Advertisement