Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Jan 9th

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Mordeth wrote:
    server password..... *squints*

Hehe. It's on the front page of unreal.ie. :)

Not even sure why it's passworded tbh. Thanks for the heads up though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

thought that double episode last night was a bit lame, dragged quite a bit, hopefully will pick up in a couple of episodes

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

slave1 wrote:
    thought that double episode last night was a bit lame, dragged quite a bit, hopefully will pick up in a couple of episodes

wow i did not see a post like that coming look at the topic for season 3 episode 1 your pretty much alone in that thought i mean it was amazing i loved it (4 times actually) and im dying to see it again on DVd im just waiting till i get this new TV.

EDIT: well i suppose maybe the episodes are not as good with 30 mins of sky adds i mean what shight i watched sg1 last nite and it was the first time i had seen an add since i was in a friends house in october

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭Talisman

Damn you Khannie! Now that I know what I'm missing how can I go back to watching regular tv captures? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Talisman wrote:
    Damn you Khannie! Now that I know what I'm missing how can I go back to watching regular tv captures? :)

I second that! Don't you know you live in Ireland and such blatant flaunting of technical wizardry and superiority will only lead to begrudgery?

Why, just last night, I threw the remote control at the cat!

And I blame you and your HD BSG :D

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote:
    I second that! Don't you know you live in Ireland and such blatant flaunting of technical wizardry and superiority will only lead to begrudgery?

HAHAHAHAHA. :D

It is pretty spectacular alright. BSG and Lost really make High Def look its best (the shrubbery in lost is so clear, it's amazing. Sounds stupid, but you really really notice it.).

Well...now that I've done the (pretty tough) time and waited for season 3 in high def I have to say it was worth it. I'd even take standard def sky one over the quality of stuff my American cousins were sending me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Khannie wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHA. :D

It is pretty spectacular alright. BSG and Lost really make High Def look its best (the shrubbery in lost is so clear, it's amazing. Sounds stupid, but you really really notice it.).

Well...now that I've done the (pretty tough) time and waited for season 3 in high def I have to say it was worth it. I'd even take standard def sky one over the quality of stuff my American cousins were sending me.

How big does a HD episode work out at? I'd say they're bloody massive.

And don't talk to me - I'd take standard def sky over the ****e that NTL broadcast!:(

quad_red wrote:
    How big does a HD episode work out at? I'd say they're bloody massive.

About 700MB not too big i would have expected over a gig when hi def first came out

User45701 wrote:
    About 700MB not too big i would have expected over a gig when hi def first came out

That's for the HR.HDTV (Half Res). These are just above DVD quality. Full res (720p) is 1.4G per episode for xvid, or 1.2G for x264 (prefer the xvid ones myself). You almost never find these through normal acquisition methods :) The actual broadcast stream for Season 3 Eps 1+2 came in at a WHOPPING 10G!!!!! (it is 1080p) This is the purest of the pure high def. Delicious!

wow thats something
    im actually going to my mates gaf next tueday for Exodus part II on his new hidef 50 inch TV
    cant wait to see it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement