Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair online checkin

• 19-12-2006 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I guess enough people aren't using it because Ryanair have been offering free flights if you checkin online for the past few days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I think the most I have seen on any flight is about 6 or 8. TBH if they want people to use it they shouldn't be ****ing charging for it.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Oh Mr Pud U are SO right !!

As a long time RiskyAir user I was greatly excited when the On Line check in began...
    However when I saw the blatant stroke they then perpetrated with the €6 charge I had second thoughts.

The imposition of the €6 ain`t even the issue really as Risky`s Staff appear to be very lackadaisical about Implimenting the provisions of OLCI.

If I pay their €6 I fully expect them to Meet their advertised commitments TO THE SHAGGIN LETTER !!

So far I have only been facilitated once in full comliance with the conditions and that was in.........pregnant pause......SALZBURG !!

It`s worth remembering that if the boot was on t `udder foot and YOU failed to satisfy even the most arcane of it`s T`s and C`s then Risky would simply Leave U behind....So if Anybody does use OLCI then stand up and Demand your €6 worth !! :confused:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agree 110%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I used online checkin numerous times until they started charging. It was a nice bonus for saving Ryanair the cost of checking me in. Haven't used it since the charge was introduced.

As for the promotion, free Ryanair flights will save you about €0.02 if you're lucky as you still need to pay taxes & charges :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I find my self in a position where I have to pay the money or I won't make my flights. Very annoying.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

Take into consideration that online check-in can save you probably 30 to 60 minutes queuing at each airport. I found it handy for a 07:20 flight out, and could then walk straight to the top of the queue at the gate.
    But when i paid for the flight i don't remember any option in the dropdown list for 0 bags with no online check-in. What I remember is
    0 bags online checkin - €6
    1 bag to check in - €10 etc.

Maybe someone could confirm can you avoid any charges for baggage if you've only hand luggage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ Karter Bewildered Smart-ass

Maybe someone could confirm can you avoid any charges for baggage if you've only hand luggage ?
    Yes you can. You select the "0 Bags - Online Checkin/Priority Boarding" and a piece of text appears below the drop down. Clicking on "Remove" in this text, and accepting the pop-up asking you if you are sure you want to remove on-line check-in does the job.
    There are plans to introduce a virtual flaming hoop of fire for passengers to jump though.

Take into consideration that online check-in can save you probably 30 to 60 minutes queuing at each airport. I found it handy for a 07:20 flight out, and could then walk straight to the top of the queue at the gate.

Take into consideration that online checkin should be cheaper, operationally speaking, than having manual checkin. We are doing them a favour by reducing their running costs.
    But when i paid for the flight i don't remember any option in the dropdown list for 0 bags with no online check-in. What I remember is
    0 bags online checkin - €6
    1 bag to check in - €10 etc.

The charge appears as baggage but it is actually for online checkin and priority boarding. Your option are hand luggage and online checkin / priority boarding for €3 each way or hold luggage with no online checkin but with the option to pay at the checkin desk for priority boarding.

EDIT: Just saw PaschalNee's post. It can be done.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

PaschalNee wrote:
    There are plans to introduce a virtual flaming hoop of fire for passengers to jump though.

:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

MrPudding wrote:
    Take into consideration that online checkin should be cheaper, operationally speaking, than having manual checkin. We are doing them a favour by reducing their running costs.
    Maybe Mick O'L has turned pro-worker! he'll be pro-union next. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

When can I check in online free of charge with Ryanair?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Depends on if you purchased a seat or not. If you did its two months before the flight, if not its 2 days before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭StreetLight

A lot has changed in 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭trellheim

fair play for digging this thread up after all this time

Advertisement