Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contrast ratios

Options
  • 06-12-2006 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,

Advice needed if anyone can help?

In an LCD would a contrast ratio of 1600:1 be that much noticable as opposed to an lcd that had a contrast ratio of 5000:1. I want to purchase before christmas. I see in komplett that there is a samsung for €1399 (http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=323272) that has a contarast ratio of 3000:1? Is this good. The next model upwards in Samsungs has a contrast ratio of 5000:1. Everything else seems pretty similar. IS it woth paying a few hundred euro for the better contarst ratio. I will be using the TV for Sky standard digital and ordinary DVDS. Any advice would be good. Also some nice LG models but contrast ratios are around 1600:1.

Cheers:)

Advertisement