Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

w2600 rgb only scart

Options
  • 01-12-2006 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

Hi, i purchased one of those lovely cheap dell w2600 last year and have never had a problem with it (was used mainly for the 360) but now that my old 32"crt has seen better days i have had to use the w2600 with sky+. The picture quality is fair bad as the sky box doesnt have component but i got a RGB only scart cable and set the box to RGB now its much better. But the problem is the audio ? i dont have an amp or anything ? any ideas on how i could connect it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I'm not familiar with with the dell panel, but is there a setting in the TV that is muting sound from the scart? Or are you using a scart to component adaptor?

Does the w2600 have red/white audio inputs?
    It must have.

Use twin RCA leads from the audio out from the digibox and connect it into the back of your panel.

Here is the back of a sky HD box just to show you what the audio output from the digibox looks like its the red/white over the s-video.
    Sky-HD-back.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

its a RGB only scart cable, no audio is supplied over it.
    i have the red/white rca audio cables but the problem/wondering if i can do this, is connecting them to the tv and not some decoder/amp.
    btw that picture of a sky+ box has component which would solve all my problems if my one had... :(

you should be able to just connect them from your digibox to the dell tv.

The picture is of a Sky hd box. Later boxes will not have component anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

opps should have read that better :D

the problem im having is i just dont no where to put those red/white cables into the tv, other inputs: component,composite,vga,dvi etc all have their red/white rca ports right next to them but the scarts dont. now i imagine this is because scart generally does both audio and video but now that i have a video only scart im clueless as where to put it. i have even plugged them into other ports and can now have sound on one channel and video on another, amusing but not practical :p

Thanks either way for all you help Sparky-s :)

/Edit image attached...

here is a good picture of all inputs on the back and side
    2965full.jpg
    2957full.jpg

Quick solution is to get a new scart lead that has all the pins for RGB and L-R audio.

Those pics won't work either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement