Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone tell me diff between these plasmas ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cooee

From looking at the Technical Specs:
    The TH-42 PV 60 E has a Digital Tuner (DVB-T) - although it omits PAL-I as a supported TV transmission format (which is what we use in Ireland - that may be an oversight, I'd mail them to confirm.

RTE are due to begin broadasting in digital in the next few years so when that happens you could have the signal go straight to the TV rather that thru a set top box (if you are going to use free to air for your digital TV requirememnts).
    You will not need a digital tuner if your digital TV services will be provided by NT/Chorus/Sky - as they all will provide you with a STB that you need to use.

And to be honest there is a good chance that the digital tuner could get obsoleted before you get a chance to use it - because free to air digital HD broadcasts would need a different tuner.

I will stand to correction on all of the above however!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

So if what you are saying is true then I may as well go for the cheaper one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I have a feeling that PAL I is not an oversight. I've seen it not shown before on DTT tv's.
    Unless you plan on using this TV for analogue broadcasts a lot, you should get away with an STB via scart.

Advertisement