Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do?

Options
  • 29-11-2006 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

met a girl a while ago, i like her, and think she likes me, but for some reason can't seem to get around to actually trying it on with her, we will be watching a movie together wed night

anyone any suggestions on how to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Im going to assume that you are going to her place (or she is coming to yours) for a DVD

Wine - Always go for something as close to 14% as you can find. Its only an extra couple of percent but it can make a difference.

Chocalate - The reason here is two fold, firstly she will love you for bringing over chocolate, and secondly it should fill her up, meaning she is less likely to eat something substantial like a sandwich which could soak up the wine (from the first point)

Patience - wait till at least 3/4 of the bottle is gone, and make sure you have drunk no more then she has

Attention to detail - always listen to her, and no matter how boring/pathetic the story she is tell, ALWAYS pretend you are interested.

Temperature - There are two conflicting schools of thought here. Either make sure its warm, so she wouldnt be cold once her clothes start coming off, OR and I prefer this one for women that could be described as 'Challenging', keep it chilly, below 12 C. Tell her the heating is broken (works especially well this time of year). She may move closer to you for body warmth. Also keep a duvet nearby so she can pull that over you to 'snuggle'. Classic textbook move this one.

Film - Make sure you pick something appropriate. Avoid anything purley romantic, you simply wouldnt be able to sit through it. Preferably a rom-com or better still a tragedy (easier pickings when they are upset over a film), or occassionally a horror can work (with the proper woman). Now you wouldnt be able to enjoy it, however she will spend so much time with her head buried on your shoulder, its only a matter of time before you slip the tongue.

I hope this helps, please ask if you would like further advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

That's amazing, I must be some kind of naturally gifted love god because I followed this exact plan a few weeks ago without even knowing of it's existence......... and it worked. I agree totally with the advice of my colleage and would add the following;

When you hand her something (wine, chocolate, whatever) try to purposely leave your hand close to hers for as long as possible during the hand over, it's a subtle way of letting her know that you want to be close to her. Then when she hands you something see if she leaves her hand in yours for that extra second during the hand over. It's subtle but a good indicator to her of your feelings and a good way to detect hers. The key to it working is to have lots of stuff to pass between you both, I recommend Cadbury's Roses or Ferrero Rochers.

You're on the right track with this advice.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'
    Wine - Always go for something as close to 14% as you can find. Its only an extra couple of percent but it can make a difference.

Chocalate - The reason here is two fold, firstly she will love you for bringing over chocolate, and secondly it should fill her up, meaning she is less likely to eat something substantial like a sandwich which could soak up the wine (from the first point)

Patience - wait till at least 3/4 of the bottle is gone, and make sure you have drunk no more then she has

Attention to detail - always listen to her, and no matter how boring/pathetic the story she is tell, ALWAYS pretend you are interested.

Temperature - There are two conflicting schools of thought here. Either make sure its warm, so she wouldnt be cold once her clothes start coming off, OR and I prefer this one for women that could be described as 'Challenging', keep it chilly, below 12 C. Tell her the heating is broken (works especially well this time of year). She may move closer to you for body warmth. Also keep a duvet nearby so she can pull that over you to 'snuggle'. Classic textbook move this one.

Film - Make sure you pick something appropriate. Avoid anything purley romantic, you simply wouldnt be able to sit through it. Preferably a rom-com or better still a tragedy (easier pickings when they are upset over a film), or occassionally a horror can work (with the proper woman). Now you wouldnt be able to enjoy it, however she will spend so much time with her head buried on your shoulder, its only a matter of time before you slip the tongue.

hahahaha, unless shes incredibly nieve or stupid when she sees you arriving with chocolates, wine and/or a duvet! it'll be pretty obvious you're only after one thing, which is fine if shes up for it and just wants a shag too.

if you're after anything in terms of boyfriend/girlfriend kinda thing however trying that tactic will probably blow it for you, she'll think your a sleese!

but yeah chocolates, wine, etc will makes your intentions pretty clear.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

nuicapall wrote:
    anyone any suggestions on how to do it?

Step 1) Wait for a pause in conversation between ye
    Step 2) Lean forward and kiss her
    Step 3) Deal with consequences

Whatever you attempt might meet with resistance or an embarrassing moment so you might as well cut to the chase and get the REALLY difficult bit dealt with early on in the proceedings.

If it goes well, great. If she backs off from the kiss you can reasonably safely assume that she is not interested and that'll answer your own question for you.

Then again, if you have been seeing her for a while and dont know if she is interested then you may be back the day after the kiss repeating your original post with the inclusion of the great kiss asking if she is interested in you. Hmmn. What have I done [falls to knees and shouts at the sky] "What have I done".

K-

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Wine??
    Getting her drunk is not the way to hit on her... it's silly.

OP: do what kell says. Just lean in closer to her and try kissing her. Slowly enough that she has time to move back, but not too slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

Hahaha this makes entertaining reading! I didn't realise there was that much thought put into getting a snog/shag! Fair play! Anyone that goes to that much trouble deserves to be awarded, although there is one flaw! Success and failure is on a knife edge! Like the previous girl says, if you come armed with choccies, wine and a duvet, it could all go pear shaped, or she might like it. My advice is go easy! I went out with someone who showered me with this kind of 'thoughtfulness' and it ended up wrecking my head. Don't go over the top!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

play the vulnerable card. Tell her you can't stop thinking about kissing her and ask her if you can. Trust me on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Treat her mean!

Drink the wine yourself, eat all the chocolate.

Or you could just put your hand lightly on hers at some point and feel it out from there based on her response. You won't have attacked her, but you will have sent a clear message of intent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

bluewolf wrote:
    Wine??
    Getting her drunk is not the way to hit on her... it's silly.

I think my friend, that you will find that far from being silly, it is in fact, the classic 4-4-2 formation.

And as everyone knows, the only way to win the league, is using the 4-4-2 formation.

bluewolf wrote:
    OP: do what kell says. Just lean in closer to her and try kissing her. Slowly enough that she has time to move back, but not too slowly.

Sure, thats a great idea, if you want to play dice with your love life.....,my way takes out the chance of crashing of burning....its a fool proof...... time honoured.......way to get laid.

OP: You know what to do

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Oh for gods sake. Dont ASK her if you can kiss her.
    Would a real man do that? If you are gonna kiss her, kiss her. But don't ****ing ask her. You'll sound like a 6 year old asking for a sweet before dinner and look like you have less balls than a christmas pudding.
    If ye are watching a DVD alone together, if you keep your eyes on whats going on (not on the screen) there should be some pretty obvious signals coming from her. You know. If she snuggles into you, lean into her. If she has her hand near yours, lean forward and take it. I mean whatever you do should be based on what she does, dont go in there with this divine plan of what to do, use your eyes, trust your instincts and Geddinthere.

If not, don't just drop trou and present it, you know, women don't tend to appreciate that sort of thing.
    particularly not in St. Stephen's green at 4:30am.

• Advertisement

Trust me OP. Use that line. And do it at the start of the night as well, she'll be wondering when it's going to happen as well, and you get it out of the way and can relax then. The doc is usually a good source of wisdom, but this situation calls for a little more sophistication :p

I dunno. I really dont think someone should ask for a kiss. It takes the spontanaiety out of it. It also increases nerves because you know its going to happen, but you still have a break of a few seconds even if she does say yes. This might make the kiss bad, or you might be too nervous to even broach it! Also there is a strong chance that the girl will hate you for ever saying it, just because if you can't pull it off, you will sound a bit... you know... pathetic, rather than the desired new solution to all her man related problems. It of course depends on how you ask. But a squeaky voiced "Can I kiss you" is not going to do it. Particularly if you have sweaty palms. Honest to god. If you are watching a DVD alone with this girl, the little movements she makes, and her reactions to you will tell you everything that you need to know quite quickly. You know yourself how the start of a relationship is always hilariously happy, and everyone is so in love, and she will think that you are the best person ever, and the sun and the moon and the stars will all shine just for you...
    uugh.

ahh you're right too - for every girl that likes that approach, there'll be one (or, given it's me, twenty one) that wouldn't!

But sure it's another club in the OP's bag, if you get me ;)

Trust me, I'm a chick! DON'T ask her if you can kiss her!!!!!

Or at least she SAYS she's a chick.
    For all you know I could be a chick.
    Im not. But I wouldnt kiss you if you asked me either.

Or at least she SAYS she's a chick.
    For all you know I could be a chick.
    Im not. But I wouldnt kiss you if you asked me either.

Hehe, see? You'll never get results with that one! Look, you'll know by the girl if she wants to be kissed or not, it's not the 1950s. If you get a good vibe, go for it, if you don't, then don't. I wouldn't advise much wine. Maybe a glass to take the edge off but you want her to WANT to be with you. Nothing worse than having a snog and thinking you're sorted, and then getting a call the next day or a week later saying she didn't think it was a good idea!
    People do things with drink they wouldn't do otherwise - as we all know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

i'd say tbh's one is the best idea here, first off it shows you have respect for her by asking her instead of just attacking her and secondly it shows you like her, but gives her a chance to give her perspective on it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Some of the advice in this thread is so humourous! It assumes that all girls are the same (clones), and all you need is a good line, a little wine, and wa-la the lad is sure to score. Ha ha ha!

OP, every girl is unique. Each has different needs. Take time to get to know her, and if you both fancy each other, then fun will start on the natural (not after simple ploys). And don't get her drunk, or yourself for that matter. You and her will miss out on some of the real excitement if you are numb and a fuzz brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

padser wrote:
    Im going to assume that you are going to her place (or she is coming to yours) for a DVD

I hope this helps, please ask if you would like further advice.

you're a virgin right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

gymrabbit, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The thing is an unwanted sexual advance can be seen as sexual assult...
    daft, silly, scarey but true.

There is nothing wrong with expressing the desire to kiss her and if she then doesn't run sacreaming following it up with a toncil tickling super strength snog.

Advertisement