Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirai

Options
  • 25-11-2006 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭

right, so i've just gone through a massive thread on avforums about this mirai tv that xtra-vision has for €799. it got a great write-up in the sunday business post, which has me intrigued for sure.

i'm just wondering if there's a catch to it. up to now i've been eyeing up a 32" samsung, but now the €999 cost is making me a little wary. i know that the sound isn't too great, but i'll be using a stereo for sound anyway (for DVD and 360 gaming). don't really care if the sound isn't filled with bass for the tv stuff.

keep in mind this'll mainly be used for the 360 and dvd's in my bedroom. anyone got one already, or know what it's like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

right, so i've just gone through a massive thread on avforums about this mirai tv that xtra-vision has for €799. it got a great write-up in the sunday business post, which has me intrigued for sure.

i'm just wondering if there's a catch to it. up to now i've been eyeing up a 32" samsung, but now the €999 cost is making me a little wary. i know that the sound isn't too great, but i'll be using a stereo for sound anyway (for DVD and 360 gaming). don't really care if the sound isn't filled with bass for the tv stuff.

keep in mind this'll mainly be used for the 360 and dvd's in my bedroom. anyone got one already, or know what it's like?

Hi Projectmayhem

I have one of the 532W100 Mirai TV's. I was going to buy it in Xtravision but last weekend laptopsdirect.ie had a sale of them and I got mine for 590 euros:D

Its the first lcd TV we have had in our house so I have nothing really to compare it too... But from my point of view the picture is very good... Its vivid and bright and you can make a big difference fiddling with the factory settings... SKY digital looks good but DVD's look excellent... I watched the Helms Deep sequence in LOTR and it looked amazing imo. I don`t have a 360 (yet!) but my PS2 looks decent enough... The sound also sounds fine to me. I read that forum on avforums and almost all the good things said were true.

I`m VERY happy with my Mirai:D :D

Advertisement