Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL-32V2000 - is this a bargain?

Options
  • 24-11-2006 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=320020

It reflects the UK price on komplett.co.uk.

I've seen this tv for 1699 and Sony Centres have it for 1899!! I rang a Sony centre today for the craic :) , yer man was all flustered, ''no, no that's the U model?. No that can't be right. You must be mistaken''

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's definitely a good price for the V series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Thanks Byte, I just need re-asurrance.

I'm a little demented looking at the alternatives at the moment. one thing is stark on some cursory visits to brick n mortar shops, the alleged 'salespeople' are clueless.
    I'm not surprised, they're obviously being paid badly, but a little effort brought us all a little way along the line.
    It was actually embaressing to know more more about their job than they do (and I'm by no means very technical)
    No wonder komplett does a good trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The 32U2000 is 999 in Harvey Norman, thats cheaper than komplett! :eek:

Good price, really nice tv also

Pacifico wrote:
    The 32U2000 is 999 in Harvey Norman, thats cheaper than komplett! :eek:

Good price, really nice tv also

That's the U not the V.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I cannot recommend this TV enough. I've had mine for just over 2 weeks now and I also bought mine from Komplett. They are the cheapest place you'll find it online that will ship to Ireland, and there's obviously no retailer over here that has it cheaper either. I also enquired with the Sony Centre too before I bought from Komplett, and they were also in disbelief when I laughed at their price and told them the price online. Bloody idiots tbh.

I did my homework before buying this TV, and this is arguably the best 32" LCD HD TV on the market and everything looks beautiful on it including both PC and Xbox 360 games. I'm now using it as my PC monitor and it's well up to the job too :). The only downside to it, and for me it's a minor one, is that there is only 1 HDMI connection on the back. I would advise reading Lyris'(he's a guy in the know that posts on AVForums a fair bit) review on this TV > here <, as this was what pretty much swung the balance well into the favour of the KDL-32V2000 for me. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

kyub wrote:
    I also enquired with the Sony Centre too before I bought from Komplett, and they were also in disbelief when I laughed at their price and told them the price online. Bloody idiots tbh.
    In fairness, it would be probably near impossible for any Irish Sony retailer to match Komplett's price.

As for the U series, it's pretty poor alongside even the S series, never mind the V series! That's not to say the U series is rubbish, just not as good as the others which reflects in the price.

kyub wrote:
    I cannot recommend this TV enough. I've had mine for just over 2 weeks now and I also bought mine from Komplett. They are the cheapest place you'll find it online that will ship to Ireland, and there's obviously no retailer over here that has it cheaper either. I also enquired with the Sony Centre too before I bought from Komplett, and they were also in disbelief when I laughed at their price and told them the price online. Bloody idiots tbh.

I did my homework before buying this TV, and this is arguably the best 32" LCD HD TV on the market and everything looks beautiful on it including both PC and Xbox 360 games. I'm now using it as my PC monitor and it's well up to the job too :). The only downside to it, and for me it's a minor one, is that there is only 1 HDMI connection on the back. I would advise reading Lyris'(he's a guy in the know that posts on AVForums a fair bit) review on this TV > here <, as this was what pretty much swung the balance well into the favour of the KDL-32V2000 for me. ;)

Great. thanks for that kyub. Mind almost made up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stain

Is there much difference between the V series and the S series? Is it worth the extra €200-€300?

Any recommendations for the S series?

Cheers,

Stain

There's a significant difference between U and V. Less so between S and V, both have Bravia Engine technology. Only difference seems to be that V has Live Colour Creation, the price difference is €250 on komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Dr. Nick wrote:
    There's a significant difference between U and V. Less so between S and V, both have Bravia Engine technology. Only difference seems to be that V has Live Colour Creation, the price difference is €250 on komplett.
    And that's marketing spiel for ....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

And that's marketing spiel for ....?

Hi there,

I was considering getting the 32V2000 from Komplett after XMas for my XBOX 360. Its €1499 off them.

I came across this thread about the new S series

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330125&highlight=sony+s+series

Basically they're saying that the new model(this year's 2010 and 2030) S series is the same as the old model V series. the only difference is that colours seem more realistic on the S, series than on the V sereis, the Live colour Creation mode on the V makes Reds and Greens seems much more vivid

This site here has a guy posting DVD, TV and PS2 pics from his 26" S series

26" S 2010 LCD TV

Just to note the 2010 model has a silver/dark grey fascia
    the 2030 version is has a black fascia

I'm considering getting the 40S2030 from powercity for €1849 considering what I've read it seems better value for the extra 8" than €1499 + delivery from Komplett for the 32V2000.

the 40S2030 is €1899.99 from komplett + €24 delivery

The S series are ugly, but hat's a great price from Power City.
    They used to have a terrible reputation for selling less-than-great stuff. Is this now a relic of the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Dr. Nick wrote:
    The S series are ugly, but hat's a great price from Power City.
    They used to have a terrible reputation for selling less-than-great stuff. Is this now a relic of the past?

no offence, but can you tell me how the 40S2030

kdl-40s2030_headon_HD_im.jpg

and the 32V2000/40V2000 differ in looks? They aren't really that different!

kdl-40v2000_headonhd_im.jpg

as for Powercity, they sell the same gear as everyone else. Most of what you hear is urban legend stuff.
    In fact I've never had a problem with their stuff and have never had to return any TVs etc.
    I have had for other places though, Electric World, Dixons, Curry's & had to get a Pioneer HDD recorder repaired by Harveys

I know the main distributor for JVC stuff and you would be surprised to Know who owns most of the indigenous Irish electrical retailers.

Most of them are from the McKenna family who owned a large retail chain(McKennas) years ago.

Advertisement