Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of calling off wedding

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yet, if you give in now to this silly demand, he will always expect you to give in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ravenhead wrote:
    I think your right, but to be honest the thoughts of another fight is killing me:o

You must be a big softy ravenhead cos normally when I say no to something I don't wish to do, then I'm taken seriously as there is no changing my mind.
    Giving in for the sake of peace is ok to do now and again, but it's no way to run your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hmm, he agreed to action and didn't take any. Sounds like a weak individual but perhaps his parents have been a very domineering force in his life to date? You might know if that is the case or not.

Anyway, maybe if he does take action and a stand against his parents and you support him if it gets tough, he may be breaking through a barrier he has never broken before! That would be cool and help him to take control of his life for once.

At the end of the day, you threatened to cancel the wedding and he went back to the normal routine. Maybe you should have cancelled one or two things, the cake or something and told him, just to let him know you were deadly serious. If you live together maybe you should try sleeping in a different room for a while until he realises that this is very serious. Maybe start looking for a place of your own, leave the rental section of the property pages open with a few places circled etc. That might make him get his skates on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Yep its time to bring things to a head.

The last thing you want is himself putting his parents ahead of you after you get married.

Its no way to start a marriage with his parents right in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

If it's going to add 5,500 to the cost, have him fork out the 5,500. He can get it from his parents, if they want to invite all and sundry.

I was about to suggest the same. If his parents want to add 5500 to the cost they can damn well pay it themselves ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement