Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone picked up the 32" LCD from Aldi ?

Options
  • 23-11-2006 12:36pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What it says up there.........;)

Curious to know what people's opinion of the new LCD screen from Aldi is like......... picture would be welcome.......

The Ritz.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

try here in the bargains alerts :D

K

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Would like to get a review for both of them.

One seems to have a sound problem

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@karltimber:

Yip, useful to know where had them and how long it took to queue up, but not much in the way of opinion as to how they perform..........;)

At €650-ish these (Aldi, Lidl and others) are at a sizeable discount to the mainstream, so I was curious as to the bang-per-buck.........

The Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i've got one but its my first lcd t.v. so i cant really offer an opinion as to whether its a good bang for buck.

Initial impressions compared to my old 28" 4:3 CRT
    Analogue ntl tv for the channels. Blocky compared to my old CRT. Is this just because of the higher resolution of the lcd tv? do i really need to get digital to do it justice?

dvd. looks good on the bigger and widescreen t.v.

xbox. using av cable so completely horrible. need to get scart cable

vga. haevnt hooked it up yet.

sound. quite good, no hissing or other problems.

remote. plastic and cheap as hell

colours\contrast\brightness. need to play around with them more to get the right set up

misc. sorting channels is painfully slow. channel change takes about 1 sec

am going to get a mate who spent over a grand on his 32" lcd to have a look and give me his opinions

here's a pic i took last night. Dont let the content of the image distract you from any comments on the quality of the picture :D

this was taken with the camera on my k750i so take that into account too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Scruff wrote:
    this was taken with the camera on my k750i so take that into account too

Nice belly button!

Did you have problems with sound?

Would've liked to get one myself but I reckon a bit more saving and I could get a better (if more expenisve tv)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Are there any of these left do you think, could I get one tomorrow? (Sunday)

Zascar wrote:
    Are there any of these left do you think, could I get one tomorrow? (Sunday)

No chance!

Advertisement