Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking at TV's.....Hd or otherwise..

Options
  • 22-11-2006 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

hey all

i'm looking at buying a new tv and with the price drops that have been going on lately, have been lookin at a few 32 inch tv's both online and in stores.

My preference is to buy in a real bricks and mortar store if i'm honest and say this in PC World. Any thoughts??

I've no real need for HD as i don;t have an Xbox 360 or a Sky HD box and can't really see me buying one anytime soon. My Budget is less than a grand, maybe more if i used interest free options in the like of Dixons/Harvey Normans etc etc.

cheers

Baz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Xtravision are doing the Miria 32'' LCD for 799 look on avforums.net for reviews .I bought this on Laptopsdirect.ie last week it hasnt arrived yet but all the reviews on here and and avfroums seem positive .Check the site out for the one you are looking at they seem to cover most tvs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Harvey norman ,dixons have the samsung 32z 1d 32inch widescreen digital hdready slimfit crt tv.It has flatscreen,surround sound virtual,stereo nicam,fastext 720p,1080i.Cost 790 euro.Its got 2av,component inputs, svideo, 2av scart ,1av rgb wired.4/3 16/9 modes,digital picture zoom.Its got a great picture on sd standard tv, sky digital and ntl cable,you can connect a pc thru svideo socket 800x600,or 1024x768.Its got very natural realistic colors, good contrasts and deep blacks,very clear backround detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

is that the correct model number? can't seem to find it online
    cheers tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

nurse_baz wrote:
    hey all

i'm looking at buying a new tv and with the price drops that have been going on lately, have been lookin at a few 32 inch tv's both online and in stores.

My preference is to buy in a real bricks and mortar store if i'm honest and say this in PC World. Any thoughts??

I've no real need for HD as i don;t have an Xbox 360 or a Sky HD box and can't really see me buying one anytime soon. My Budget is less than a grand, maybe more if i used interest free options in the like of Dixons/Harvey Normans etc etc.

cheers

Baz

That Lexsor is only 799 in Dixons, Tallaght. Same group as Currys. Im looking at it myself but am a little worried about the darkenss level/contrast of only 800:1. So I reckon Im going to go up tonight with a dvd, matrix or something similarly dark, and ask them to hook up a DVD player to a scart connection directly into the screen and see how that looks. If its ok ill be buying it off pixmania for 620 and Ill let you know what it looks like if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

THE model no is 32z419d samsung slimfit digital crt.i measured the screen,its 29.5 by 15.5 inchs.widescreen.it doesnt have dvi,or vga, has hdmi connector and component for hd viewing.it just looks like a flatscreen plasma tube is very small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

cool thanx gamer
    just been having a look around the web and it looks like its getting decent reviews.
    gonna pop into dixons and have a look for it

Advertisement