Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January sales??

Options
  • 22-11-2006 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Just wondering, would you save much, if anything if you waited until January to buy a HD LCD? Im going to get one around Xmas, and im now thinking of waiting a few weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Conar

You probably will find some bargains, but I'd always compare them to web prices.
    You can save a fortune on the web if you shop around.

Try www.komplett.ie , www.dabs.com , www.technikdirekt.de , www.pixmania.com , www.lcdtv.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Conar wrote:

What are these like to actually order stuff off?

Gona wait till the sales myself but will prob end up ordering off the net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Conar

kearnsr wrote:
    What are these like to actually order stuff off?

Gona wait till the sales myself but will prob end up ordering off the net

I've only actually ordered from DABS out of the 3.
    That went smoothly. There was a little hiccup at the start but that was down to my credit card company. They seemed to be quite good though.
    I ordered a 40" Samsung LCD (for the in laws, not me unfortunately) and it arrive in 4 days.

I heard from someone on boards earlier that there after sales service can be a little lacking but I can't comment on that though.

I'm probably going to be buying a Bravia X LCD from them within the next few weeks and will be saving €1000 odd on the irish shops.
    I'll put up with a little awkwards after sales service for that saving! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

I've had two experiences with DABS. If all goes well they're great.

However, if something does go wrong they only have an automated e-mail autoresponse. My original order was sent to France originally then back to their warehouse then to me. All through this I got no response as to where my laptop was, just automated responses. Unfortunately when it finally arrived it was faulty, again the same problem with no human tech support. I gave up and returned it to the manufacturers (Sony) who gave a fantastic service.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I have used pixmania.com recently to order a 32" lcd and i acn easily recommend them. I saved over €300 verus dixons and the like, transaction went smoothly and as i opted for express delivery it was delivered in two working days( they say next day delivery if you order before either 10am or 1pm, i cant remember which one).

Not sure what the after sales service is like as i havent used it yet, but you do get an extra years warrenty free...... From my experience i would recommend them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement