Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help choosing a TV

Options
  • 22-11-2006 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey there,

This is my first post here so firstly, hello,

Anyway, It's coming up to christmas and with a little help from my parents i'm looking to buy and LCD TV, DVD player and surround sound for it.
    I'm on a pretty tight budget and have been looking around on the net and probably the best i have found is this

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/78381/art/sharp/lcd-television-4-3-20-51c.html

On Pixmania, there's a package with the Philips HTS3100 5.1 DVD/DivX Home Cinema Set for €509. I know its not going to be the best quality on the planet but any ideas on what the TV itself is like, i don't really understand the specs as i'm new to this so any advice is appreciated.

There are other 15" LCD's on there with better resolution etc but i think the 20" would be better for general viewing, just telly and a few DVD's, no consoles or anything.

Also what way does the TV connect to the DVD player with regards to sound etc....... i'm assuming i'll need a scart lead for dvd to the tv but after that i don't know. all these connection types are confusing me a little.

Apoligies for the long winded post, all advice and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
    JK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivan E

Sorry, don't know anything about the tv. As regards the sound system, don't know anything about the model but because it's an all in one system i.e the dvd player and receiver are together you don't need any special leads to connect them, they are already connected.

So that means you just need the scart. The scart carries both sound and picture. You don't want the tv using its own speakers and sound so you just turn off the sound on the tv and turn on the sound on the dvd/home system.

It's only when you want to connect other things in that you need leads. So if you have to put the normal tv sound through the sound system, you either connect the tv directly to the system or the sat box/ntl box.

Advertisement