Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42" Plasma - screen only advice

Options
  • 19-11-2006 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I want to upgrade my ageing Panasonic 28" CRT to a 42" Plasma. I do not use the tuner in the TV as I all my broadcast viewing comes from my Sky+ box. Also I rarely use the speakers in the TV as I have an AV amp and speakers.

Can I just get a screen without tuner or speakers and if so what interconnects would I need?

I would like it to be HD ready as I may upgrade my Sky+ box when the right offer comes along.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Most screen will come with a tuner and speakers built in and you be just limiting your selection. For the sound just put the sound straight from the Sky+/DVD/console into the amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivan E

Panasonic used to do panels only and they have some HDTV ones out there. Whether they are still doing current models, I can't tell you. As for connects, I assume you just need to connect all your systems to the AV receiver. Shouldn't be any different unless you have progressive scan or a HDMI connection on something. Depends on what you have but it shouldn't really cause any issues. Finding the panel might be but there were a few on ebay a while back.

Advertisement