Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba LCD????

Options
  • 18-11-2006 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

hey im hoping to but the 32 WL66Z from pixmania

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/252629/art/toshiba/32-16-9-lcd-tv-hd-ready-r.html

but on the spec sheet it says the tv doesnt have component connection!!! now i have been on toshibas website and the 32WL66 seems to be the exact same tv and has component connection and also the same situation with the 32WLT66.

I'm wondering has anyone seen the 32WL66Z in a shop so i can go n check it out for myself because i have seen the 32WLT66 in dixons and it does have component and the 32WL66 on toshibas website says it does have component

http://www.home-entertainment.toshiba.co.uk/consumer/products.nsf/pages/lcdplasma-regza-32wl66?opendocument

I just need to be absolutly sure before i go spend 900 euro on a tv that might not have the one thing i need because i want to play my xbox 360 on it!!

I know this is a long post lol but if anyone can help i would be very grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

2 Lines from the pixmania specs:
    1 YUV Video Composite input
    2 SCART outlet (1 RGB and 1 S-Video)

RGB & YUV are usually component type connections
    So where it says composite it is probably component & with a proper scart lead or adapter you should be able to feed in a component signal.

Pixmania tech specs are usually pretty sketchy, best to check the manufacturers website for a manual with specs or a spec. page

I can't imagine any 32" lcd these days coming without a component input

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

yeah i e-mailed toshiba and they said the Z at the end of the product just means its from switzerland for some reason and i checked in power city today and they have the exact WL66Z in their finglas outlet and it had a proper component connection the navy green and red YPbPr connection!

so i tihink that is enough proof for me so i will probably end up going ahead and getting it off pixmania! And the link in my previous post has the link to the toshiba website and it says there it does have component so its all good :D

Advertisement