Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing Distance

Options
  • 17-11-2006 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

I`m thinking of buying a 32" LCD TV for my sitting room, but I`m just wondering if the room is big enough. I read a few places that sitting too close to a LCD TV affects the quality of the picture. Our nearest chair would be about 7 and a half feet away from the TV and the couch and other chair would be nine or ten feet from the TV... Is this a good distance or should I be looking at buying a smaller TV?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I think it's a personal thing, some people can't stand being too close. For projectors, where you have a very large screen they say you should be 1.5 to 2 times the width of the screen away so you can't make out the pixels (this will depend on the resolution & type of projector). For a 32" tv this would mean about 4 feet away should be comfortable. I have dvd resolution projector giving a 92" picture and watch it from about 10-12 feet. I find it fine to watch from 6 feet but start to notice the pixels. An LCD tv is quite bright so sitting very close (4 feet) in a dark room might not be good, but I wouldn't worry about an 6 to 8 foot viewing distance for a 32" display, should be fine I think

Advertisement