Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32inch hd tv, real size 30inch,32inch label onthe box??

Options
  • 16-11-2006 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

I,M trying to figure out,whats the rules for screen size,selling tvs,tv specs.A friend bought the slimline hd/crt 720,180 plasma 32inch samsung .ITS a great tv, fantastic picture,on sky tv, pal ntl tv.Great on,dvd,ps2 or ntl cable,BUT, i measured the screen ,its 30inch ,from top right corner,to bottom left corner, 26inchs from top to bottom, its a widescreen tv.Its a great tv,hd ready, hdmi,rgb,2 ava, the best tv picture i have ever seen.the visible screen is 30inch, minus 1quarter inch black,border all around.ON the box it says 32inch, samsung hdready tv.So is there any rules as regards selling tvs, screen size,trade descriptions act. i notice my sony old crt,trinitron, is 27inch ,i thought it was 28inchs.Could he ask for a 50euro credit note,to buy cds,or something in dixons,he does,nt want to bring tv back.
    APart from the size it is a fantastic tv,crthd, can be viewed from any angle,great colors,backround detail, 5000/1 contrast ratio.Does this mean any1 can sell a 30inch tv as a 32inch screen in any shop?Is that legal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Have you got a model number for this?
    Not quite sure what TV you're talking about? Is it a CRT or a plasma?
    Also the screen can't be 26" top to bottom if it's a 30" diagonal widescreen?

I've got a Samsung 32" LCD, pretty sure it's over 30".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

CRT are measured by the size of the tube at the front and LCD are measured by their viewable screen size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Samsung HDcrt slimfit plasma tv widescreen,the front glass panel is 30inchs,corner to corner,without border,the viewable screen, is 29,plus 3quarter inchs. IE ,29.75 inchs, minus quarter inch.ALMOST 30INCHS.a quarter inch black border around screen,video display.IT is a great 720i/ 1080/ pal tv ,im just suprised ,wheres the EXTRA,2INCHS GONE?ON tv,box,label it says large letters ,SAMSUNG 32INCH TV.Theres a review on amazon.co.uk electronics tvs.ITS a nice small crt,truesurround sound,really flatscreen,the picture quality,is superb,especially on dvds,or sky digital.MUCH , ,better colors,blacks,contrast,backround detail than any sony or any lcd i,ve seen in any shop,with great detail level,a very subtle range of colors ,very realistic skin tones,perfect whites and blacks.NO blurring or interference,even on fast moving objects,but then it is a hdready crt plasma.THE blacks are very black,very pure colors across the spectrum.COST 790euro ,in dixons dublin ,with a free sky plus box as well.Free installation,that offers open on any tv over 250euro,bought be4 24th december, 06.The tube is 30 inchs, corner to corner, 26inch,top to bottom.Its 26inch ,i,m sure of it.BY the way,its a 60htz ,tv, i cannot find any mention of progressive scan, how do i know if it has progressive scan,should i just try it on a ps2, it gos up to 1080i at 60mhz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Don't forget that even beyond the black border around the screen that you can see there is abit more behind the sets cabinet.
    If you had the tube out of the set completely and measured it you'd get 32" diagonal. I've just measured my 32" crt TV and I get roughly 30.5" viewable screen. Don't worry about it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

yeah,you are right ,i asked in dixons, he said tube is 32,its flattened out in manufacturing ,cos its a true FLATSCREEN.any info,re progressive scan,how do i check,with damaging the tv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement