Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do they know its Christman time........

• 15-11-2006 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Misspelling on the title , ahh feck it happy Christman day!........anyway..........

Well a firiend of mine is working in PC world and their starting to pipe in the Christmas music already.
    We were in my friends house the other day humming a Christmas song away when she looked like she was going to nearly kill me due to the amount of times she has heard it.

So anyone here work in the shop and if so have you heard...........

Do they know its Christmas time........

Oh I wish it could be Christmas everydayyyy........ etc etc

and are you slowly going mad so that if you see Mr Claus you wanna knife him in his big belly?

So that the stain doesnt look so bad in the red suit and he looks as if hes fallen asleep instead of dying of horrific injuries so as not to scare the kiddies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Worse than that I work across the street from Brown Thomas and have to listen to their god awful circus music for 7 -8 hours a day. I'm sure it will also switch to Christmas music in about 2 weeks time and then I'll really be ready to do in and burn down the entire store.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think Christman is a much cooler, and also fairly apt name for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It could be worse. You could have to work at the Warner Brothers Theme Park and have to listen to the Looney Toons theme music every day all year around.

Deee de de de deee, dee de de de deee....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Christman sends me into a dark depression.My mother rang me in *August* this year to ask me what i intended to do christmas day.I'm seriously thinking about announcing that i'm going on holiday and sitting in drinking with the curtains drawn instead.Hideous,just hideous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I could get by with the Looney Tunes theme tune... Christmas tunes are great for winding people up I think. If it's a slow day in work during the summer I'll walk around the shop singing Jingle Bells or something, wakes people up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

work in a phone company and we start making our own hold music latley with christmas carols....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ever heard the "christmas" music over the tannoy in supermarkets?It sounds like somebody on a cheap electric organ on a fast setting,playing the same songs on a loop over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Christmas songs don't bother me, I actually like them when walking around the shops (once they've their christmas decorations up to match).

I used to work in a clothes store though, and coming up to christmas you'd be spending 8+ hours in the place per day with Christmas songs all day long, which was torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ?banned?

I was sitting in the sauna at my gym about 3 weeks ago. Took me about 3 songs to realise I was humming along to christmas tunes.... tut... and that was in October!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Walking through my estate last night i noticed that three different houses already have their xmas trees and decorations up already... WTF...??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Degsy wrote:
    I'm seriously thinking about announcing that i'm going on holiday and sitting in drinking with the curtains drawn instead.Hideous,just hideous.

Gods that sounds like a great plan I seriously will look forward to when I can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

No. Thanks a lot OP - now I have all those cheesy Christmas songs going around in my head.

I don't think I was ever looking forward to January as much as I am this year, damn Christmas getting earlier and earlier every year.

Maybe next year the Christmas ads can start in June. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

One of my mates ex's used to play CD's of christmas carols when we were all in the house. At the time we used to work in a shop so we had already heard 8 hours of the crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sheefted from AH.

Advertisement