Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 32" Samsung LCD - humming noise

Options
  • 12-11-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Hey there. I just got my first flat screen TV delivered from Pixmania the other day, and everything seems to be ok with it, except for a noise when its in standby mode.

Whenever its in standby (which is the same as being off, since there's no other off mode short of plugging out the power), there's a very very faint high pitched barely audible humming noise. When you turn the TV on it goes away.

Its not annoying me too much or anything, cos you can hardly hear it, but I'm just worried about it either being a sign of a fault or it doing damage. Is it normal for LCD TVs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Funny you say that. I got my samsung lcd this time last year and just recently I got the same thing, a high piched noise.

Advertisement