Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else sick?

Options
  • 09-11-2006 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭

Got me a flu coming on.. not as bad as it was earlier this morning but considering i've a graduation on Saturday, i really don't need this.

Pretty immune to colds and stuff normally but got soaked one or two days walking home from and to work! :(

Woe is me!

1475.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Aww poor you!! Get lemsips now and take friday off work and stay in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Squill, I'll share a secret I learned last week...

My Buddy Martylicious sent me an E-mail full of home remedies.

One was for the flu.
    I woke up last week feeling Flu-ish so itried it.

Hydrogen peroxide. Get an eye-dropper and put only 3 drops of peroxide in each ears. Do NOT do both at the same time or you'll be deaf for a half hour.
    It's freaky as hell, but it really worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Had 2 Lemsips today and about 8 hours sleep. Took today off work.. but might try and bite the bullet and go in tomorrow depending on how i feel in the morn.

L4L.. Hydrogen peroxide? Doesn't that stuff bleach your hair? And i should put THAT in my ears.. that sounds terrifying! :eek:

It worked for me! travels through the ears to the glands and fights infections gathering there - which clears away the Flu virus.

I know it sounds freaky. I don't have time to be sick so I tried it. Glad I did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I haven't been sick in years.:) I can't find the Lemsip ad so see below.

Arrogant Cnut : Ian! Wasn't expecting you back for ages! Heard you were dying with flu.
    Ian : I was. More importantly, what are you doing with this? (snatches folder from other chap).
    Arrogant Cnut : Well pal, with you not around the merger was going to go down the pan, wasn't it?
    Ian : Actually, Pal, it wasn't. It's sorted. I spoke to them yesterday, they're signing today. (Pushes other chap out of his chair)
    Arrogant Cnut : But you're ill! How come?!
    Ian : (produces small red box) Lemsip Max Strength. (Taunts other chap with box) This sorts the men from the boys.

In your face, arrogant cnut! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

hate that,got the flu jab the other week in work so that excuse is out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ruu: Just did a search there.. can't believe that ad isn't on YouTube.. criminal! :eek:

County: Yeah, that's true but i've got the soundest boss in the world. Told him i'd try to make it in tomorrow and said it'd be best to stay in bed and work from home if i'm up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

My immune system is far too hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Lemsip. Sorts the men from the boys.
    With the merger going down the pan and all!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Lemsip FTW! It's been the difference between healthy, working, financially solvent Dav and unhealthy, poor, destitute Dav (we don't get sick pay EVAR)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Squill wrote:
    Ruu: Just did a search there.. can't believe that ad isn't on YouTube.. criminal! :eek:

County: Yeah, that's true but i've got the soundest boss in the world. Told him i'd try to make it in tomorrow and said it'd be best to stay in bed and work from home if i'm up for it.

I must find it! *slams fist on table* Put on the kittle, it'll be a long night! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Effervescent Vitiman C tablets FTW... Put em in a bottle of water and they're yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

does it really work because i aint feeling the best either..:(
    oh and..... I DONT GET SICK PAY!!!!!!

Well its more to prevent your self from getting sick, if you have the cold/flu then i'd recomend taking your top off and having a lemsip...

<_<

>_>

a lemsip you say?? dont really like them...

Neither do I they're minging but they do make you feel better. Trust me, Im a doctor!

i dont like doctors either.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

a lemsip you say?? dont really like them...

Try panadol cold and flu in lemon flavour.

Taste better than lemsips, and they come in a nicer shiny blue box so they must be better :-)

yea they are very good with their shiny flash 'im feckin brilliant' packaging!!

mite try them though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

A bottle of Bushmills and a hat at the end of the bed.

• Advertisement

a hat??

Yeah... you put the hat at the bottom of the bed and start drinking the Bushmills. When the hat goes out of focus you're cured.

Well not really... but who cares about a cold or flu when they're drunk...:p

haha thats the best i've heard yet!!

I'm quite sick... in a crazy, mad way.

yes.yes you are! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Lemsip is yucky. Night Nurse FTW!!!
    I've already had the flu. :(

When did they change VD to STI or STD? I think I still prefer the old name...

OMG! How ever did we neglect to recommend that you wear a foil hat at all times to ward off the evil illness demons and virus aliens?

Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat!Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat! Foil Hat!

And a metal walking stick... I want one of them too.

Is it possible to get VD from a turnip?

• Advertisement

No, it's BEETS that make you pee red. Call your doctor!

Advertisement