Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Jackie Skelly Gym

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Given that they never respond to or acknowledge emails and that Joe Duffy covered the subject of standards at their establishment lately(**** found in the pool), I dont think you should worry too much about bailiffs. Tell them that you complained by email and recieved no reply. They get so many,they wont know whether you did or not. This crowd need to lift their standards. Keep hounding them, they're crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 apetale

Hi you all energetic folks!

Im leaving beautiful Ireland in July, and have another 6 months of direct 68E debit to transfer to anyone.
    The club is very good, and i'll miss it.

If u are interested let me know on a post, and we'll arrange something. (i dont want to give out my email)

Epée

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

apetale wrote:
    Hi you all energetic folks!

Im leaving beautiful Ireland in July, and have another 6 months of direct 68E debit to transfer to anyone.
    The club is very good, and i'll miss it.

If u are interested let me know on a post, and we'll arrange something. (i dont want to give out my email)

Epée
    Don't post here, PM him/her! This isn't Adverts.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sharonalley

Hi I am interested in joining are you still looking for someone to take over the membership

Hi I am interested in joining are you still looking for someone to take over the membership
    State of art centre opening other end of the street at what sounds like great rates. Marriot and Glenview offering discounts. Both great establishments. Sharon; read this thread. JS is a filthy minging, robbing hole. Spend your hard earned somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

DO NOT EVER JOIN JACKIE SKELLYS!!!!

The place is a hole, they are money grabbing b*****ds!!I had a lot of trouble cancelling my membership also,I signed the year long contract,but after they started taking more money out of my account,without me knowing,I complained and complained and complained and complained.In the end I cancelled the Direct Debit after 10months of membership.I got many threatening phone calls but absolutely ATE them out of it everytime they rang.Its a rip off,there were many nights I went up to the gym and had to queue to use a threadmill!!!!Not to mention the FILTHY showers and changing rooms!!There were always children in the pool after hours(after 6.30),again I complained and complained and complained and complained.This gym caused me more stress than anything else and it certainly wasn't cheap-in fact I've shopped around and I think it's probably one of the most expensive gyms around.

I also know for a fact that they make up the prices as they go along.A friend of mine went in to view the gym(I had warned her!),they asked her what she did for a living and when she told them what she did(she has a very well paid job),she said the guys eyes lit up,he quoted her 77euro a month!!!!!!While I had only paid 62euro a month.Evidently,they are on big time commission.

Anyway,rant over.You have been warned!!:mad:

BTW,I joined the Marriott after leaving JS and they run a fantastic gym.I would highly recommend it and are offering no joining fee at the moment!

If anyone has any doubts as to the validity of negative comments raised regarding this bunch; have a look at last mondays' Prime Time on www.RTE.ie ''service with a snarl''.
    Had to revive this thread, sorry, I just hate the buggers.
    New Shoreline is great as is Glenview.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

went swimming in js yesterday about 1pm.my girlfriend's a member, i'm not.had baby with us.no guests allowed. we're told i'd have to pay. O.k.asked how much? One of the 2 young girls behind counter said 15.they looked at each other, shrugged, then said 10. Went to shoreline. She won't be renewing membership.

They're open 3 years yet they are constantly at Tesco's driving for new members. You would think the penny would drop with consumers; but still people are getting on the rollercoaster and getting fleeced. That they want peoples money and then dont give a hoot is bad enough; but there is a nasty side to them when people want to opt out which includes debt collectors, credit rating threats, etc. If your' friend wants out tell her to cover her tracks well and back up with writing.
    What really showed them for the low lifes that they are the other night was the info in their training manual which encouraged their sales staff to ''push peoples fat button''. A lot of people signing up for gyms are vulnerable and insecure. A recipe for pysche and eating disorders is to bully them and make them feel worse about themselves. The sooner this scum of a company is sent packing from Greystones the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Has anyone had this problem ?

Joined Oct 2007 , used it till feb 08. I became ill. No prob. Rang in June/July to see what could be done, given the brush off. Kept my payments up todate . Out of contract last nov but still they keep deducting payment until I fill out a SPECIAL FORM.:mad:Seems I have to give them 2 months notice even though I will not ever step foot back in the place. Peeded off at present .
    Oh ye, they said they posted a renewel form out to me in September, never got it. Is this usual ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Thread locked. Consumer Affairs is better suited to the issues raised here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement