Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up an lcd screen as a monitor and speakers

Options
  • 04-11-2006 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

ive got a 32 " lcd screen and a mac laptop.i connected the two of them using a pc monitor cable but how can i send the sound from the laptop to the tv. i want to be able to watch films etc on the tv that i have on the laptop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What sound outputs does the laptop have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

pb-ib-ports.gif
    this is the connections here. its got audio in and a headphone jack. what sort of cable will i need

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=31700&criteria=PHONO&doy=5m11

from the headphone output to red/white inputs on the tv. set the headphone volume to about alf on the laptop, then use the tv to control the volume

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

im back again.
    i got my cable but now i cant get it working.
    i have it plugged into the headphone port and the other end to the pc- sound inputs on the tv. do i need to change any of the sound settings on the laptop. the only ones that it seems to be picking up are the internal speakers? any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

If you have a pair of headphones you can test is sound is working on the headphone socket of the laptop, which it should be. Might be a setting on the tv to choose the audio input source.

• Advertisement
Advertisement