Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most off topic thread of allllllllll timmmmeeeeeee

Options
  • 03-11-2006 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Lets see how far it will travel.... pick 1 topic then change it to suit yourself (selfish!) Maybe we might end up in mars!!!!

BIGGEST THREAD EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I was actually going to say Mars.

Anyway. Butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

If the aim of this thread is to be off topic, then are you not going to be going on topic by being off topic :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

a mars bar only tastes really nice if you haven't had one in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

I might watch Star Wars III today..ugh, even though it's ****e. The thing I can't figure out is if they're all so bloody technologically advanced, why didn't they spot the twins in her prenatal scan? Actually, decided not to watch it now on account of that.
    Might look at a Mars bar instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

i feel like being blonde again!!

you get away with more..

• Advertisement

i feel like being blonde again!!

you get away with more..
    /me drools

im going blonde again tomorrow!!

/me passes out

/me gives breath of life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

/ me farts in chamlis unconscious mouth

mmmmmmmm.....farty breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

You're mean spaceman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Mmmmm. Butter.
    I'm making soup!
    SC, do NOT fart in my soup!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Can I fart in your soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That reminds me of this time, at band camp...

That depends. Are they of a bountiful bouquet?

/has sunk to an alltime low. OMG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Its never a good idea to crack hazelnuts with your teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

my soup was yummeh! Cooked with looooooooooooooooooove! (no farts!)

Wow.
    I have this wonderful feeling, but also this horrible smell in my nostrils at the same time......
    :confused:

get away from my soup mister dancin farty pants!

Say.... now THAT would make a good quote of the week! Ha!

• Advertisement

is Nature considired a God? I mean we call her mother nature, does this mean we see 'her' as a being as opposed to just a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

a thing is a being
    a process a doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

speaking of which, i bought some red bondage tape yesterday

If I woke up dead would I be deceased or would I be beside a very pissed off other half?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think there is a special on bolts in Aldi this week

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The XB70 was saved by a paper clip http://www.vectorsite.net/avxb70.html

avxb70_1.jpg

more later, including the stoping distance of one of the worlds fastest aircraft on the runway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Rabies wrote:
    If the aim of this thread is to be off topic, then are you not going to be going on topic by being off topic :confused:

Smart alic.... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

this thread amuses me...i shall now proceed to write a comment,and much hilarity shall ensue..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~portwin/ASTRA/X_craft/xb_70i.html
    Al White and Joe Cotton prepared to take AV/2 past the final hurdle to having "unlimited" status for Mach 3 flight -- a 30+ minute run at Mach 3 to fully heat soak all systems. Shortly after takeoff, Cotton retracted the landing gear. The nose gear jammed into its door, and as good as things had been going, they were going bad now. The attempt to lower the gear using the normal hydraulic system failed. Trying the backup electrical system, Cotton heard a "pop" as THAT system went dead. Given the Valkyrie's long, graceful neck, and the intake design, retracting the main gear and landing on her belly wasn't possible -- in fact, it was so impossible that North American had never attempted to simulate it!

White first brought the XB-70 around for a touch-and-go, hoping that a hard impact on the main gear would knock the nose gear loose and let it fall to the extended position. Even after a second try, however, the nose gear remained jammed. At this point, bailing out and losing the aircraft was quickly becoming the only option.

Finally, Cotton was sent to the back of the cockpit to open service panels and check on things for the people below. After more than an hour of this (and 2 hours of flying), the problem with the backup system was traced -- hopefully -- to a circuit breaker. Now all Cotton had to do was find a way to short circuit the unit by closing two contacts. Of course, the Valkyrie had no onboard toolkit -- that would have made things too simple. But Cotton HAD brought along his briefcase with his various notes and plans, and opening it, he found a good, thick paper-clip. Straightening out the paper-clip, then grasping the middle of it with a leather glove, Cotton carefully reached in and ZAP! short circuited the breaker. As Al White hit the switch to extend the gear, and was rewarded with the sound of a working backup system, Cotton gratefully dropped into his seat. As several newspapers exclaimed the following day, a "39 cent paper-clip saves $750 million aircraft!"
    - and that in April 30th, 1966 $'s, real money

Though on reflection it does seem a tad expensive for a paperclip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

I have a 40 thousand tampons

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/borat

Advertisement