Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL - Weekend courses V 4 Week Courses?

Options
  • 03-11-2006 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey,
    Looking at doing the TEFL course after the new year with a view to going travelling on the back of it in Feb/March next year for 6 months....anyone know whether the recognition of the Weekend course is the same as that of the 4 week course, have a Degree and some substitute primary teaching done.

Any need for me to fork out all the extra cash and time for the 4 week course?

Thanks,
    Tyres

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DiscoHugh

Bump

I'd like to know this as well. I've been told that you can do a 2 week one that enables you to teach abroad (with the option of doing the other 2 weeks when you get back)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Moving to Languages.. You might have better luck there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I think it depends where you are going. In Ireland you would want the 4 week one and in Spain they often look for the CELTA but you can often get work in summer camps without any. I think in Asia you don't need any TEFL.
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I did a course over 4 weekends at ITCI and got a job abroad no problem (in fact, apparently they picked me over a guy who had 5 years experience simply because I had the course!). I´m not sure how far you go with the single weekend course though. It´s probably fine in places where there aren´t so many teachers but if you´re looking for something more than summer work a lot of places are more choosy than you´d think.

Advertisement