Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭fifly

Horsesnout she didn't dump him over it. I obviously am ****e at explaining things.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'
    Darragh29 wrote:
    Yeah, very good point there Motley, some of my female friends who are single moan about being single but are usually rude to guys when they are chatted up, this is something I've only seen in Ireland. I think if your a girl with no personality defects and are alright looking, and in your thirties and single, the most likely reason for this is because you've spent the last ten years of your life blanking guys because you didn't think they were good enough for you, this is the case with any girls I know who are single and late twenties or early thirties.

This is definatly not me. I always chat back to guys but they just seem a bit disintrested after a bit and go off somewhere and then I see them chatting up someone else later on and that just makes me feel boring and ugly :( Even guys I know from college and work, I know that they like me and I make it obvious I like them back but they never make a move. At this stage Im sick of making the first move with every guy I meet.
    The idea of a boards singleton night sounds like a great idea.There seems to be some nice guys on here and some lovely girls too and we're all desperate so I wont feel alone in my desperate state :)'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 yournamehere

op you're def not alone - believe me! so sick of the whole meeting guys in bars just goes nowhere. anyone suggest alternatives to meeting guys? work isnt an option no males under 30!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

i'm still thinking about this thing "women vs men..."
    it seems a battle where all are losers and nobody is winning at the end.
    I'm single, I'm nice, I'm not shy, I'm romantic but I struggle a lot to meet someone.
    I'm not talking about "one night stand", I am really careful when I approach a girl as i don't want to look sleazy but the most of them are very rude for no reason and the same happens also to my friends.
    Where are all the girls "desperate" to meet someone? I really don't find them!
    I just want to make new friends, then know each other and see if something can happen slowly, I don't want to bed someone, I'm 30 and I'm looking definitely for something more at this stage of my life.
    Please, girls, try to be more friendly sometimes, maybe the right guy is next to you.

'Its unreal, i really thought i was the ONLY person left, especially hanging around with a bunch of people that are settling down. Some of you are lucky that you have friends willing to assist you. I'm 26, been single 3 1/2 years and seriously I think that isn't going to change anytime soon. I've been told I'm goodlooking (and not by my parents!) cute, very pretty etc all the time. I'm well educated, i have tonnes of friends, I'm a good person and have always treated boyfriends extremely well, non clingy, good fun, loyal etc
    I dont want to come across big headed, but all I attract is arseholes. I really think I'm hexed or something..can't get my head around it! The last guy was the pits, he actually put me off for a while, but now I'm really like to meet somebody, but its just not happening.

My mum said i can be abit firey, and too witty and giddy, so I've really made an effort to tone that down, but why should i change myself, previously boyfriends have loved that about me... and I like me I think I'm a good person, i would never hurt anybody...

Then an friend said that they think I'm intimadating. Too independant, FFS, nobodies perfect...

Apologies for the rant, but reading these posts, its really **** that there seems to be others in my situation aswell, I know it will happen one day, but God, its really difficult isnt it..?

What happened to all the nice blokes???'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

LOL, for the purposes of this post I'm going to pretend to a nice guy :D
    My mum said i can be abit firey, and too witty and giddy, so I've really made an effort to tone that down

Then an friend said that they think I'm intimadating. Too independant,

It isn't right to think like that. The above traits are your personality, its what you are and you should never try to change/hide that to find a bf. Even if you succeeded in "toning yourself down" to get a man what would you do then, hide the real you for the rest of your life? I don't think that would end well.

I don't mean that personal improvement isn't something that people should strive for, but there's a difference between improving yourself as a person and suppressing your true personality. You've got your own personality thats unique to you, your friends like it and I can guarantee there's LOADS of men out there who like it too. You're only 26 yet, plenty of time .... I'm 24 (not far behind) and I haven't given myself up to be single for the rest of my life yet. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Then an friend said that they think I'm intimadating. Too independant, FFS, nobodies perfect...

oh jeeez, only boys with problems of selfconfidence can be intimidated by you.
    Do you want an insecure man for your life? i don't think so, don't bother about them!
    the last girl I had was too clingy, too much dependant from me so it didn't last, i felt like i was her father.
    I'm really looking for an independent self-confident girl, because I like confrontations, different ideas and "challenges" so that the boredom won't prevail in the relationship. And at the same time I like to have a girl to court , i want to spoil her and make her feeling important for me, she has to pick me everyday..

What happened to all the intriguing girls??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

To all the female singletons out there I prescribe a dose of "Sex in the City" :)

I've been single for quite a while now but after watching the whole series right through I remembered that I'm single AND fabalous.

A guy will come along but sure there is no point fretting over it. I'm intelligent, good looking and have a nice personality and I don't need anyone else to confirm this for me. I also happen to have the most wonderful friends so I fill my time and weekends with having as much fun with them as possible.

Of course relationships are lovely and I would like to be in one but I don't do relationships simply for the sake of it and I don't believe that anyone else should either.

A.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah its not like i've confined myself to spinsterhood or anything, I just seriously attract the wrong sort of guys, They seem to just take the p**s, and i just cannot make head nor tail of it... I'm not shallow..oh he has to be goodlucking, rich etc. I love creative people, deep thinkers, sweet thoughtful guys! I even spoke to my ex-boyfriend, who I still speak to from time to time to get his view and he can;t work out how badly i get treated (by the way we split up years and years ago, over his VERY bad behaviour!) and all my friends agree, its like a running joke in my circle of friends. I really just reckon its bad luck, which i'm sure will change.

The one very positive thing is that when i do meet that special someone, i will treat them so well, i hate seeing my friends taking their partners for granted, belittling them, and talking to them like they own them, makes me cringe...so i suppose that is a positive aspect of being single for so long.

Good luck to you all x

Advertisement